Used fat bikes

Probably a stupid question but anyone have or have a lead on a used medium or maybe small fatbike?
Not looking for anything to high end

Thanks

You can have mine.

I have a 2018 Kona Wo that has a broken frame. Kona agreed to replace it under warranty. I was told I would have it mid January. Of course, It has not arrived and they are pushing the delivery date back to “undetermined”.

I understand the pandemic blah blah blah, supply chain blah blah blah bike part shortage blah blah blah but don’t tell me a date for delivery that you cannot meet. This sort of stuff pisses me off to no end. I am going to lose the whole season because of a frame that should not have broken in the first place and Kona’s lip service

Sorry to hijack the thread @DEBO…

3 Likes

Thats odd. My rocky mountain fb was replaced in 10 days. The supply shortage is why it was so fast…

They had an abundance of frames in the warehouse but no components to put on them…it was approved and shipped within 2 days of dropping it off at cyclesmith

They have had mine since mid November

1 Like

Here’s a link to a small Norco Bigfoot located in Truro .

There’s not a lot out there. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Saw this one. Seems a little steep for what it is but thats a given in a covid world

1 Like

Anyone have any experience with moose fat bikes? Yay or nay?

@Ghost has one.

1 Like

They seem like a pretty good bang for your buck.

1 Like

Do it they have come a lot way and look quality

1 Like

I have a 2018 Moose Fat Bike 3. Was a no brainer for me as I got it for $1899 on a Black Friday sale. Came with Bluto fork and XT drivetrain.

I’m sure you won’t get a deal like that, but if you get a decent price, I wouldn’t hesitate. They are pretty good to deal with and have a lifetime frame warranty… which I am currently in the process of taking advantage of. (Crack where the seat stay is welded to the seat tube.)

1 Like

Thanks man. Im just looking at a moose 1. Marked down right now at a bike shop in moncton for 999 from 1299.

Part of the problem between RM and Kona is that Kona has to store a trillion variations of frames in their “warehouse”(not that they do) and Rocky has 6.

A slight exaggeration but you get the point I imagine.

You can blame it on the pandemic if it makes you feel better about them but I’ve had to tell customers that it would be a year for their replacement frame. A few times. If it was a steel frame I’d get “can you just get Mark to weld it?”. F Kona.

I also have a Moose Fat Bike 3. I don’t have any riding time on any other fat bike so can’t comment too much on the ride characteristics but it certainly does everything I need it to do.

Moose have also been responsive in warranty on the Bluto fork which developed bushing play. They coordinated inspection of the fork at a non-Moose-dealer bike shop (cyclesmith) and, when the Rock Shox warranty service weren’t able to get parts in a timely fashion, offered me a discounted price on a Wren suspension fork that they had in stock. I didn’t end up buying the fork in hopes that the replacement would arrive in time for a few winter rides.

Cyclesmith were good to deal with too - they contacted Rock Shocks about the timelines on a few occasions and stored the bike without complaint from May 2021 to Feb 2022 when the fork finally arrived with new lowers.

Overall, a disappointing outcome as I missed some riding but not the fault of Moose or Cyclesmith - more of a Rock Shocks issue. I"m curious to hear how @Ghost makes out with the frame warranty.

Yah no kidding i know rocky has the blizzard a10 a20 and a30.

The 10 is rigid frame with the lowest tier of brakes and drive chain. The 20 has shimano brakes and a sram drive chain. And the 30 had a mastadon fork on it

Then the c20 and c30 basically a carbon frame

I meant besides the fat bikes. The amount of platforms and bikes is off the charts. I like that Rocky only does mountain bikes.

They were very responsive when I emailed them about the frame. All they needed was a photo. They didn’t have any frames in stock, but said they would be arriving “soon this month”, which was January. I’ve followed up a few times and the latest update was they only have small and medium, but they expect large (what I need) “soon in February”. It’s only been a month, so I’m not too bothered by the delays and I can understand that the current supply chain issues, blockades, etc. are potentially causing them trouble. The fact that my existing frame is still ridable helps too.

Mint be willing to sell my Mukluk if any one is looking for a quirky but cool fat bike size 17". See post in by and selll.