What is the hardest trail in Nova Scotia?

I had this on my mind today. What’s everyone’s opinion?

Anything at Wrandees if you limit yourself to the original 1 metre width of singletrack.

2 Likes

Wrandees definitely popped in my mind. Also the beginning of Flat lake Loop before going up to Halifax Rock. I’m assuming flying in the air and being on a skinny 50’ in the air is not included.

1 Like

The “Neil Route” through Wrandees. You can always count on it to destroy you even when you feel that you are at your strongest.

1 Like

Technicality:

1. Gords Gold then do Lake loop reverse.
  2. Ebirch
  3. Flipside reverse, death march and Suzie q
  4. Any NS Mtb Race against time.
1 Like

Wrandees for tech, no doubt. Gord’s is challenging.

Evil Birch going in is tough, fitness wise if you push.

2 Likes

Define “hardest”?

for someone super fit, but with only mediocre bike handling skills, a really steep climb may not even phase them, but they will be challenged by a flat technical trail. others will fly over the tech, but find the steep climb very hard.

4 Likes

Both physically demanding and technically chalanging.

Through Hell and Back at Grey Mountain is a pretty tough trail. I think trying to find the toughest is obviously going to be very subjective.

4 Likes

Yeah, Hell and Back is probably the single hardest trail to clean without a full on heart attack, huge climbs that keep coming and a nasty awkward rock garden in the middle.

2 Likes

I guess I should have worded the question as “ what are some of the “hardest” trails in Nova Scotia”. It’s to specific as is. Thanks to everyone that has left a note. :+1:

2 Likes