Wildfire in Tantallon Area

I see smoke…

Anyone have details on the fire out by Timberlea? I’m hoping it’s not near Blue Mountain / Whopper?

1 Like

Looks like Tantallon from the news. Nasty. I hope everyone is safe.

1 Like

The fire was on my street in Highland Park when I got out. Pretty sure my POGs collection is toast.

6 Likes

Man, glad you and family are ok!

Thoughts and prayers for your POGs collection.

1 Like

The fire is moving incredibly fast with these winds. I feel for all the folks who are going through it. I’m not sure if I still have a house or not, I’ll find out in a couple of days I guess.

4 Likes

Glad to hear you are safe Craig! I can’t imagine how horrible a feeling that would be not knowing if you still have a house or not.

3 Likes

Hopefully you make out ok craig. Several co workers and family have had to evacuate

1 Like

Sorry to hear Craig, glad to hear you made it out. We had to evacuate rom Westwood.

2 Likes

Do you know if the fire went through your street? Any word from Graham?

Hey man, sorry to see the fire went through Highland Park. Wife’s nephew was last to leave their place on Kata Court when fire was in the yard and shed was on fire already. Brother in law dodged the RCMP barrier on foot to see if he could get back but couldn’t get past hummingbird.

1 Like

The fire started a couple of hundreds metres from us. I think the wind may have saved us. I went down the Sobeys and left wife kids and dogs at home. I passed the first two Mounties on their way in. Knew I was in trouble once the second one turned in front of me to block the traffic heading in. I tried to get back in the back way after grabbing some essentials but by that stage the fire was out of control.

It jumped across Westwood about 1km away from our place and swept across towards Hemlock. Todays change in wind direction is a bit worrying.

1 Like

My doorbell camera went down a couple of minutes after I left. The houses down the street were on fire when I left. I heard on the scanner that they are still working a structure fire across the street from my house.

5 Likes

Jeezus. Good to hear you guys are safe.

1 Like

crazy watching the place where I grew up and call home burn. my thoughts are with everyone affected. absolutely heartbreaking.

3 Likes

My buddy came in from Ontario on a SAR Hercules today for a mission unrelated to the current fire. He managed to grab a photo of the fire from the aircraft.

The image was taken from northeast of the fire. Westwood Hills is on the right, White Hills and Glen Arbour on the left.

11 Likes

Some video of the area

https://twitter.com/baileyballum/status/1663940124307070979/mediaviewer

7 Likes

Sportwheels is accepting donations of gently used cycling gear (and other sports) for families affected by the fires.