Womens bikes

Looking at getting my wife a bike in the near future as surprise if i can find one haha.
Shes pretty near the same height as me and im a medium frame. Is a medium womens the same as a medium mens when it comes to size?

Thanks

All bodies are different. As nice as it would be to surprise her, it’s best if she can test ride multiple bikes to see what fits her best. Height, reach, leg length… so many factors.

1 Like

Hey man. Not sure what your looking to spend on a bike for your lady but i got a medium 2018 giant reign that im selling. Ill take $2600 for it.

1 Like

Thanks man but im not looking to spend much more than $1000. Shell just be doing double track gravel for the most part

1 Like

I have found that bikes that are marketed as women’s specific have slight variances in the geometry compared to bikes marketed as unisex/men’s specific. Every brand is different, they can be designed to have narrower handlebars, shorter stem and female specific saddles, also could have shorter reach and stack. I would recommend ignoring the marketing and finding out which geometry works best for the specific rider. My medium full suspension bike matches up closer to a size small in the men’s equivalent.

4 Likes