#WomensMTBDay Photo / Vid Contest - Extended

International Women’s Mountain Biking Day is a celebrated annually on the first Saturday in May. This year, Women’s MTB Day is on Saturday, May 1st, 2021. It’s a day for riders who identify as women to gather, experience, and share their stoke for mountain biking !

An ECMTB hat will be given to the woman who posts a picture celebrating International Women’s Mountain Biking Day with most likes over a week starting on the day and ending the following Saturday.

To enter post the picture on the forum with #WomensMTBDay and #ride-like-a-girl tags to help us sort them.

The picture can be taken any time. We should celebrate the women enjoying the sport we all love.

We will tally up the votes the Monday following the event week and award the hat. In the event of a tie a name will be drawn.

13 Likes

It’s bummer weather out there so we are making this a weeklong event and dropping the requirement that picture is taken during the event.

With the COVID-19 restrictions and damp trails we feel it is better to open it up this way.

7 Likes

I was going to ask if we could extend it to include tomorrow which looks like it will be :sunny: :sunglasses:

6 Likes

#womensMTBday #ride-like-a-girl

19 Likes

This is how a female mountainbiker rides on a wet day like today on the East Coast.

#womensMTBday #ride-like-a-girl #LivComitted #livbeyond #howweliv #livyouradventure #womenwhoride #sheadventures #outdoorwomen #ridelikeagirl #GiantHalifax #bicyclenovascotia #justask

11 Likes

#WomensMTBDay

#ride-like-a-girl

18 Likes

“Stoke face” on first time riding a shift geared bike!

#ride-like-a-girl

17 Likes

#WomensMTBDay #ride-like-a-girl

22 Likes

Pre ride warm up at the trailhead and mid ride snack break at Pizza Corner :pizza: :pizza:
(PS. it’s hard to take a selfie when you are social distancing!)

14 Likes

I’m in knee rehab mode right now (no jumps or drops allowed :sob:) but I can still do easy MTB rides :raised_hands: with the UltiMutt trail dog!

19 Likes

Kaarin is just not gonna post, so I’ll grab a couple pics for her.

#WomensMTBDay
#ride-like-a-girl

18 Likes

Women’s MTB Day Pt Deux. Fun lines at MRWA.

We should just make it Women’s MTB Month! :wink:

Photo credit: Jon Burgess

17 Likes

Riding Belmont Mtn, chasing waterfalls !

16 Likes

Hash tag?

10 Likes

And the hat goes to @Thunderstrike!

We will be reaching out to hook you up with the hat.

Thanks everyone!

5 Likes

Yay, thanks, that is awesome!! Because I am lucky enough to already have an ECMTB hat (2 if you count @Stormshadow’s), maybe you can award it to another rider? :blush:

8 Likes

Ok, thats generous @Thunderstrike.

So we ha’ve a 4 way tie between @Calleyharvey, Bev, @kaarin And @tamban.

So, I gotta do a hat draw. :slight_smile:

Gime a sec…

2 Likes

And the winner is… @TamBan!

10 Likes