Woodville trail system Closure

We can hope that the new owner is open to signing a new MOU and will allow the trails to be used by the public again.

3 Likes

Link to official announcement from the community association:

Hopefully. Or they could turn out to be back to the landers/preppers and cordon off the whole property. Worst case scenario.

Wow. This stings! Iā€™ve never even been to this areaā€¦ Clearly Iā€™ve missed out on A LOT. What a shameā€¦ not just from my losing out on riding such beautiful trails, but for everyone else that has memories or spent countless hours hiking or biking here.

Devastating. Itā€™s too bad we couldnā€™t all Band together to form some sort of collective To buy it and save it ā€¦ or a local bike shop to buy it with some sort of sponsorship or fundraising.

Trail Status Update - correction
The land owner has accepted an offer which closes on December 22nd. There are plans to chain off the top parking lot on top of Burgess Mountain Road on December 22nd.

The Woodville Community has chosen to officially close all trails until further notice. Until further research is done to sufficiently define boundaries etc. please refrain from riding the Woodville trails after December 22nd.

8 Likes

With Respect to the Links

Can someone privy to the land owner situation provide a sitrep on whats going on at the Links?

I would really like to avoid speculation based discussion, but if someone has any actual insight on the way ahead out there I think it would go along way.

Cheers

I just talked to the President of the Woodville Community Center, who manage the trail access for the Woodville trails (Links). The trails are still closed. Nothing has changed so far with respect to a usage agreement with the new landowner.

2 Likes

Iā€™m under the same understanding as what has already been posted. The main parcel of land that contained a large section of developed trails and the main upper parking area was sold to a buyer from out of province. The Woodville Community association closed the trail system as a result of the sale of the land.

1 Like

Much appreciated.

I havenā€™t heard anything new either. Except some land near the bottom has now been sold as well.

1 Like

Looks like some old and new Woodville trails have been opened. Now known as Foote Woods.

From their FB page:

We are pleased to announce that Foote Woods is partnering with the Annapolis Valley Mountain Bike Association!

This will give us some extra support and maybe some funding to maintain and build trails, but most importantly it means we now have insurance. This is important for land owners with public trails and we are happy to be covered.

Hopefully this will mean more group events and potentially a mountain bike race? We will see if we can fit one into our busy summer schedule.

5 Likes

Unfortunately none of those trails are on the face of the mountain. Itā€™s all on the top and pretty much as flat as a pancake up there. Kudos to the trail builders but this is a far cry from what we had up there.

All the good stuff is still ā€œclosedā€ and has not been maintained. Solstice, gravity, waterfall, leatherman and lacey link were the bread and butter up there and none of that is rideable.

3 Likes

Please note that the parking area for the Foote trails is different than the woodville parking.

1 Like

This is a good step forward. Thanks Footā€™s!

4 Likes

Foote Woods is hosting a group ride Thu Jul 21 @ 6:30.

Link to their facebook post.

2 Likes