2015 ECMTB Annual Cottage Party/BBQ

The end of summer is near and that means it’s time to retell the stories of the years’ best and worst rides and there is no better place than a cottage on a lake!

This year the party is October 3rd

This year we will have (more) fireworks, a bon fire, the cruiser bike race, a couple other games, food and more food.

It is a potluck set up so bring you favourite dish (homemade or otherwise). ECMTB supplies the burgers and dogs, the rest is community supplied.

Who: Anyone on the forum. If you are on the site, you are invited, that simple. The invite also goes out to the weekly ladies ride hosted by Janet Sullivan and the AVMBA Crew as well.

Where: My cottage. Directions to be posted closer to the date.

When: October 3rd, starts mid afternoon and goes to whenever the last person falls asleep.

PS: I have neglected to do any significant wood cutting so if you have anything to burn, feel free to bring it.

2 Likes

Please respond to me via email at konarider@hotmail.com so I can determine how much meat I need to purchase.

There will be a keg there as well…as the strava Challenge prize.

I’ve been dying to say this “I’ve got wood

But seriously folks… I have a bunch of trees that have been drying since about April. They’ll burn right some gud. I’ll take em out with neighbors truck.

That should be enough for @darkmyth to burn… we’ll need more wood for other people to enjoy :slight_smile:

A couple other items I forgot to mention:

1. This is a family friendly and pet friendly party. Just pick up after your kids…

2. I will supply a map and directions closer to the date.

3. There are 2-4 beds available to use as well as plenty of space for camping or for sleeping on the floor if you want.

you might think you have enough wood but I take it as a personal challenge to burn it all and have yet to be left with any wood come morning.

I dunno… the cottage is standing each morning.

Geez, don’t give him any ideas…

Got my list of things to do and will be ordering the keg in the next couple of days.

Spouses/partners are more than welcome as are kids and dogs! Drop me a line if you plan on attending so I know how much food to buy!

I plan on stopping in for a bit.

Everything is coming together nicely at this point.

If you need directions or are attending and would like to RSVP, I can be contacted via the site or by email at konarider@hotmail.com

902-220-0848

so how is the current weather forecast going to effect the plans?

As of now I’m just watching the forecast. If anything changes i will post by end of business Friday.

The forecast for tomorrow as of earlier this am is good. Light rain tomorrow ending late morning/noon.

We are a go! Directions will be posted today.

Keg is ordered! We will have BEvERages for tomorrow! Yeah!

Directions

Directions to Cottage:
Street address:
57 Spud Avenue
(From Sackville/Halifax/Darmouth)

• Take NS-101 W towards Yarmouth/Windsor

• Take exit 3 toward NS-1/Mount Uniacke/Upper Sackville

• Turn right toward Evangeline Trail (signs for Mount Uniacke)

• At stop sign across from Gas Station Turn left onto Evangeline Trail (signs for Mount Uniacke)

• follow old no. 1

• You will go through Mount Uniacke, to Lakelands, past South Rawdon Road

• will see signs for Christopher Hartt road

• Then sign for Cameron Lake Lane

• Should be able to see lake on left at this point.

• Start slowing down

• There will be a few houses then a very small stretch of trees.

• I will have a Rear Light/Flasher at the top of the driveway by the road.

• Dirt road is on the left. (It is a small road, across the road from a blue/white house on the right numbered 7775.)

• Keep to your right and my cottage is the fourth down the road.

• If you miss it and see Buster Davis road, you’ve gone too far. Turn around and it will be on your right.

Or Call 220-0848 I will stand at the top of the road for you!

It is on Google maps as well if you look up 57 Spud Avenue, Ellershouse, Nova Scotia!

From Windsor Way:

Take 101 towards Halifax
Take Exit 4
Turn Left at Stop sign
Follow old no. 1
Will see Radio Tower/Newport Corner on left continue on highway
Will pass Ardoise community centre
Will see Buster Davis Road on right (Cameron Lake sign as well)
Start Slowing down
There are approximately, 3-4 houses on right before road
Road is on right across the street from blue house no. 7775.

Road is hard to see if you see Christopher Hartt Road, you’ve gone too far, turn around

I will mark the road with flashing lights

Call if any issues, 902-220-0848

PS…I have cake…chocolate cake!

I have the keg. You will need a bucket or tub of ice to keep it cool.