2016 - Pic From Every Ride

Thanks - it’s missing the best part though. I’ll fix that!

LMR29r

All the cars at Gore :slight_smile:

1 Like

@LetMeRide29er - did you get up to the WW2 lookout post? The view is spectacular from there.

No - there’s a bit of a question mark on the trail just past the beaches - like didn’t see a clear spot to keep on the hiking trail without doing a portage. Though I didn’t explore too much.

There was a great atv trail that deserves adding to TF. I think this could be a good spot overall. Just have to keep the walkers in mind I guess.

Sorry - posting words and not pictures. I’ll be in the area again soon.

LMR29r

Haven’t been there in a couple of years. I’m expecting the trails have grown in a bit, Hoping to visit this summer, maybe with my loppers. As you head along the shore, before you get to the nude beach (the one with the boardwalk behind it), there’s a trail that goes up a hill. Follow the trail to the top of the hill to a grove of trees. There’s a short trail off the main one through the grove that will take you to the lookout post.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/44°26’58.8"N+63°37’42.7"W/@44.449653,-63.6306838,734m/data=!3m2!1e3!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d44.449653!4d-63.628516

I used to do the trail beyond the lookout post, but it’s grown in, flooded, and Hurricane Juan knocked trees down over it, so I don’t bother any more. There was a trail that followed the shore all the way out to Pennant Point. It had some great stuff (especially a few rock sections a la Peggy’s Cove) and not so great stuff on it. Some trail work would turn that into a spectacular bike trail.

A long time ago when I did follow the main trail past the lookout post, I found a brand new-looking Lexus SUV - stripped. They took everything they could out of it, including the engine.

The old army bunker is cool, great view like Rockhopper said. The shore trail has major potential, it’s got some really great sections on it. Rode it a bunch of times last season but haven’t been there yet this year.

One thing to note- I was chatting with a parks guy there last year who told me that biking is technically not allowed but he would ‘look the other way’ since I told him we were riding the inland trail to the bunker but said a CO (conservation officer?) would fine us if we got caught.
None of that made sense to me and I’ve checked all the signage in the park and see no mention of it… so not sure if the guy knew what he was talking about. Take that for what it’s worth.

Provincial Parks Act:
http://nslegislature.ca/legc/statutes/provpark.htmer

There is nothing specifically stating no bikes in Provincial Parks, so unless it is specifically posted as a hiking trail or there are no biking signs you should be good, but there are lots of vague rules that could be used as an excuse.

It is prohibited to “pursue a course of conduct which is detrimental to the safety of other park users or their enjoyment of the park and its facilities”

@Rockhopper as for pruning it’s pretty clear it is prohibited to “wilfully destroy park property or trees and other natural resources;”

Thanks for the heads-up, @bent6543 . Just visiting with the loppers. Didn’t say I was going to use them. :slight_smile:

Seems to me there is a difference between destroying a tree and merely pruning it for its own good.

1 Like

Ran into a group from Liv @ Shubie Park

1 Like

I picked up this passenger somewhere near the beginning of Inner Peace and somehow made it to the end of the trail with no damage. How lucky is that?

1 Like

like the name says. the more they build the better the trail flow

1 Like

AVMBA ride group at Reservoir Park last Thursday night.

3 Likes

Good looking crew!

Dropping in to Reservoir Park

1 Like

Lazer eyes…

@riderx Can you post that video of the crew at Mc Donald Park the other day? Id like to see how everyone was able to get up :slight_smile:

I will…I had forgotten that I had taken that. Thanks for the reminder.

The pic posts are slowing down. Let’s see 'em folks.