Across The Highlands Challenge - July 18/15

2 Likes

@Yanner thank you! I checked out those places and both are known for their pizza. Along with the pit stops every 14k I should not have been so lackadaisical about my diet this past week! I probably will have to take it easy on the pit stops to make sure I have room for the meal. Either that or do your secret add-on marathon loop (kidding!) :laughing:

@Adam I’ve seen you eat. You should have no problem having enough room for pizza at the end of the day. :smiley:

1 Like

@Yanner thanks for all of the info and updates, much appreciated. Really looking forward to a great event.

Got my tent site booked at Celidh Cottages. I will be there Friday mid to late afternoon, so if anyone wants to hang out Friday evening, go for a brew or hang around a campfire, call or text me.

902-220-0848

Just got the email with all the updates on registration times etc. This is going to be a great weekend!

We are staying in Port Hood. Going to dinner later at the Red Shoe Pub in Mabou, you are welcome to join us if you like.

@Yanner kudos to you and your crew. You put on a fantastic event and the route you chose was amazing. The climbs were brutal but the screaming descents on the other sides were worth the price of admission. Well done.

1 Like

And I’ll second @Rolls comments. Super organization, super volunteers (so excited, it seemed, to be helping out. Very enthusiastic pit stops), and an epic course. I was destoyed at the end of it. The views and vistas were so worth the efforts. And I’m sure most of the participants can say it was the first time they rode their bikes in the ocean!

2 Likes

Amen to that @yanner you and the team did an awesome job. So many enthusiastic volunteers really made it a super experience for my first AHC. And I was surprised how many people were cheering us on along the way!

I will say it definitely lived up to its billing. It was a challenge. There were highlands. We went across them.

That was a lung buster (and for me a knee buster) up to Cape Mabou but well worth it! By far the longest climb I have done on a mountain bike.

Every rider I spoke with during and after the ride was super stoked about the event.

Many thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the kind word guys. Really happy to hear you guys had a great time. We worked very hard but it was worth it. AHC’15 is a wrap, but I think this is just the start for mountain biking in the area and the Na Beinn Trails project!

2 Likes