Bearings!

It’s nasty outside so I’ve been digging through some bins. I have some bearings to give away if you can use them.
2x 638 RS
4x SMRA 2437 LLB
2x MR 17286 - MAX
4x 15268
1x 6805-2RS

4 Likes

New bearings? Used?

Edit: doesnt really matter. I’ll take the 6901 and 6902 off your hands. If any of the bearings are 17x28x7 I’d take those too, but I dont think any are.

Oops. I just discovered my Vault hub takes 4 6902 so I’ll probably hold on to them. The rest are new and you are welcome to them.
I’m at work tomorrow and Thursday, are you still at Michelin?

Close. It doesn’t have that last digit on the bearing, as far as I can see but it’s MR 17286 on the label.

Yep. I’m on days tomorrow 6am-230pm

I’ll pm you in the morning.

Do you have any bearings left? We’re after a handful of bearings to build a wheel balancer.

Or, where is the best place to buy cheap individual bearings.

Visit or call cyclesmith, bike pedaler and giant Hfx you’ll never know what they got from stock parts bin.

Sometimes a visit window shop can b pleasantly therapeutic, oh and leave the Card at home. :laughing:

What size?

I think I may have updated what I have left above, can’t remember. I’m in the Valley now so won’t be able to check what’s there until Friday. I’ve also used a place in Burnside, Canadian Bearings.

Does Canadian Bearings do sales under $50? One of the complaints online say they don’t…

608s or similar.

Will these work? Purchased as spares after replacing linkage bearings in a full suspension bike that I no longer own. Not sure what other use I might have for them.

any skateboard shop will have 608’s Princess auto is another source, but they may not have 608’s as their stuff is usually more farm/heavy equipment focused.

I have bought less than $50 at Canadian Bearings in Burnside, but that was years ago so policy may have changed.

Thanks for the offer, but we’re all sorted now.

My father in law started saying any small bearings will do but then got really specific about the size.

I sent him down to Sportwheels to buy a set.

1 Like

Wondering if you might have a couple of MR24378-2RS bearings kicking around? ceramic if possible, but steel will do.

I don’t think so. Certainly no ceramic. I would have to double check when I get back to the city on Wednesday.

1 Like

Bearings Canada! Lots of local bearing shops too! Certainly up that way! Ill ask my dad (twin rivers head of maintenance) where they get there’s or if it’s for the trail association, they might have a few to spare.

Yeah, I’ve tried a bunch of places, but don’t seem to be able to source these right now. I just said bugger it and bought a new BB from Velo in Moncton.

1 Like