Bike advice

Good Day all, as expected, I’m looking into an entry level full suspension bike in the $2000.00 price range. I’m looking at a Marin Hawk Hill 1 but there doesn’t seem to be any dealers in Atlantic Canada. Does anyone have a Marin bike on here and where did you get it from?

The same question was actually asked not too long ago here; Marin Bike Dealers in NS

My suggestion would be to pick a bike that your local bike shop carries. Giant Bikes (among others) are known for being very good part spec for the money and they are great to deal with if you ever need anything warrantied.

My suggestion would be to pick a bike that your local bike shop carries.

This

Trek or Rocky Mountain would be my choice but I don’t know what if anything they have in full suspension at 2k

Unfortunately things are limited (everywhere) at the moment. This will stretch into next year too. 2nd hand is a good option at the moment keep a look out on Facebook and Pinkbike boards for deals. You might get lucky but well priced bikes move fast.

Covid-19 has had a huge impact on bikes, more so than any other industry other than home improvement that I know of. Lots more people buying bikes and significantly disrupted supply chains.

Giant struggle at the $2,000 mark. The Stance and lower end Trance are like hens teeth to find.

1 Like

Thank you all. I will continue looking at brands available at a local retailer.

This thread may also be of use to you. Good discussion about the pros and cons of an entry level full-suspension versus a well spec’d hardtail or saving for a higher spec FS. This quote specifically came to mind:

Good luck on your search. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For service and support, I echo the suggestion to buy a brand available at a local bike shop. Don’t know how the NS dealers are for stock, but Bike Works Saint John posted to Facebook a couple of weeks ago that they received an order of 2021 Konas.

Might be worth checking out the Norco Fluid FS 3, Sportwheels https://www.sportwheels.ca carries Norco. Norco is also one of those brands that is known for offering quite a bit of value, components wise, I think it would be worth the extra money to move up to the Norco Fluid FS 2 but if your budget is firm at $2000 range for a FS, the Fluid will be a great platform to start from! https://www.norco.com/bikes/2021/mountain/trail/fluid-fs/fluid-fs-3/

2 Likes