Bike Cave / Bike or Gear Workshop Ideas - Show some Pictures

I’m hoping to get things more organized by spring, but it will only be a temporary setup anyway. The 6’4" ceiling isn’t ideal when I’m 6’5", and I have to take at least one wheel off to get any bikes down the stairs. Still a lot warmer than working out in the shed, though.

Also, don’t worry about the overhead wiring. It came with the house and it’s…totally safe?

9 Likes

A trueing stand AND a bigscreen, dude you’re raising the bar on workshop dungeons.
Mine has a dirt floor. My wife refuses to go down there, says its like some kind of Silence of the Lambs with Bicycles nightmare.:sweat_smile:

9 Likes

“It rubs the Triflow on its skin.”

11 Likes

I live in a apartment so space is scarce but heres my bike corner.

11 Likes

My own workshop dungeon… currently reorganizing…

9 Likes

:joy:

Mine is a little more spacious since we moved the chickens to another building. Just enough space to get the job done. In the summer I use hooks on the slatwall for the helmets, shoes, and camelbaks that are in use. Bonus, from the window I get to watch the cows/sheep coming and going.

10 Likes

That Kona poster is groovy!

2 Likes

The entire '99 Kona lineup on one poster. Funny how they have a gazillion skus now and I don’t think I could pick a single bike that would suit me.

You hung that banner for the photo didn’t you?

1 Like

Last year’s setup. Hoping to have a garage built this year unless lumber prices are still ridiculous

7 Likes

Busted :crazy_face:

1 Like

Lumbers come down considerably. Sheet goods have dropped by nearly half what it was in the summer

1 Like

I live in a multi unit place but these are all mine except for the kids Giant and the washer and dryer serve as my work bench when needed. This is the shared laundry room. Hahaha

8 Likes

Current State + roller extension hack + foldable vice table awaiting install between the studs.

9 Likes

Hookworms on a full squish!? What sorcery is this!? Urban Destroyer!

1 Like

Honestly, he is probably onto something with the direction the trails are going.

14 Likes

Sorcery at its finest lol. Playing around on the rollers mainly. I had a brain fart thinking that I’d be able to hear a difference in power delivery using oval chainrings vs round. I’m not really expecting much but my curiosity took off with this one. Some urban assault will be had none the less.

2 Likes

Ouuu, that’s interesting! I’m sure it would be a blast with those tires.

1 Like

This is my mess.

I’m in the process of converting my former storage shed/workshop into my office/workshop (I got run out of the house by the rest of the family). Finished the insulation before the cold hit (phew) and drywall is partially done (and will now probably stay that way forever).

So I’m looking for some storage ideas as well. I’m thinking of swiveling bike hooks to get them out of the way but I don’t like the prices of things like the SteadyRack so I’ll probably try to build my own, maybe along the lines of this. And then shelves. I lost SO many shelves when I put insulation between the studs but I had to do it. I couldn’t sit out here 8 hours a day on days like today without it.

4 Likes