Current Trail Conditions

There is some large downfall on the new alternate line at the top of Gords. (This is the line on the right that rides the spine)

2 Likes

The Railyard crew have started posting their daily updates again. Keep an eye on them and Bike Truro accounts for updates.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CciNVftLitK/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

4 Likes

Any updates on gore?

1 Like

Wentworth is looking sexy!!! Hakuna matata, no name and love shack have all been raked and leaf blown. The berms were in rough shape from the winter but have been cleaned up

5 Likes

Irishmans roads was good today. A few big trees down, and a few wet spots.

1 Like

Keppoch was in good shape for spring conditions today. The west side was still a bit soft in places, and I believe they are still asking people to stay off the black diamonds for now. Glass slipper would benefit from some leaf blowing/raking. There was the occaisional downed tree but I ran into Barry heading out with a chainsaw to sort some of that out. Roller seemed a bit rutted/eroded in places-but I havenā€™t ridden that in quite a while so maybe thatā€™s the norm? I think thereā€™s a trail work day may 7th, the hill should be great after that!

2 Likes

Empire trails in Gore are in great shape
Rode there Mothers day

2 Likes

Nine Mile was drying out quite well when we were in there on Saturday. Expecting that there are still muddy sections out toward the lake and on the Hemlock Loop.

2 Likes

Empire was great sunday morning. The only soft spots were where work was done the day before. More traffic will pack it down

2 Likes

Just got back from macintosh. Theres quite a few large sticks directly along side the trail and even into it along east pine not far from warren

Last week a beaver troop was out for a hike. Thinking they abandoned them

Empire is primo right now

3 Likes

SSS is very overgrown so be careful, there are a few spots you canā€™t even see the ground.

Also I removed a small tree just past the cross-over heading in the Purcellā€™s Cove direction that was just at head height for me and also had two pointy branches sticking down from it.

3 Likes

SSS is typically a spring/falll trail IMO. You can trim it back all you want and it will just do its nature thing and make a come back.

1 Like

Thanks for clearing out that tree! It got me the other day but I didnā€™t have anything with me to deal with it myself. Definitely riding blind through those ferns for a portion of the trail.

Were the crows hanging around the start of SSS? They were making the vibe super creepy on my last lap through there.

The two branches sticking down looked like they could really do some damage if you tried to squeeze under it and hit them. My folding saw is always in my pack so I figured Iā€™d better deal with it before someone gets hurt.

The ferns definitely make it interesting, the only place it was disconcerting was at the bottom of the steep hill where the trail crosses the first time. Really gets the heart pumping when youā€™re carrying that much speed and canā€™t see the trail.

2 Likes

If anyones riding KOM at grey be careful, large tree down across the trail halfway through. You can duck under it as you ride but it comes up quickly if your givin er.

1 Like

Has anyone been at keppoch lately? I was thinking of heading there next Wednesday. I heading to fitz next month, but not opposed to heading there.

Havenā€™t been for a few weeks, but it wasnā€™t in the best of shape then thatā€™s for sureā€¦ Which made me not in the best of shape :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Ive been hearing from several people that keppoch is pretty blown out , lots of really loose rock making it hard tk keep tractionā€¦

Keppoch has been postint theyve been doing maintenance on tbe trails this week and asking for volunteers to help

1 Like

If only it wasnā€™t so far away!