Current Trail Conditions

I love seeing dogs on the trail, cause they’re stoked to be there just like we are. However, as an owner its usually pretty easy to know if your dog is one who tends to shit right on the trail or likes to go off the trail and to watch out for their cues before they go. Bag it, then put that bag in a larger bag (say the one your bread came in at the grocery store) and fire it in your pack.
I do however, wonder about the “professional” dog walkers I see all the time out there who have 6-8 dogs running all over, there’s no way they can keep track of it.

4 Likes

@Drgonzo Totally agree about the walkers.

1 Like

Flat lake loop is really wet this morning , the back side into gords as well

1 Like

Its a great business “idea” and amazing for peoples pets but I have seen some pretty unique things with larger groups of dogs encountering other dogs not in their packs.

1 Like

How are the trails around Wolfville, Gorge etc. I have never been? Ridable now? Worth the drive?

1 Like

Saw a pheasant at McRun today!
Have only seen them before at the clearcut previously known as brunello

2 Likes

There are tons of them in there, one day I say like 10 in a yard at the Osprey trail head. You can hear them a lot around there and in the Time Trails sections. I saw a coyote on Duck and Run on Saturday

1 Like

Not worth the drive right now. Lots of trees and debris around kentville trails.

1 Like

Are all trails on MacRun / Flat Lake Loop good to ride now? How about Whopper?

1 Like

McRun has standing water in the usual places, but the dirt trails are mostly dry and good to go. Whopper was wetter than Fight on Weds, probably worse now.

2 Likes

McDonald park trails are all dry.

2 Likes

Irishmans’s is 95% dry as of last night. Only found one tree down that we weren’t able to pull off, we did trim the branches so least if you ru into it you won’t be stabbed.

2 Likes

Anyone ride macintosh this morning? I know, i know, its probably wet but just curious :joy: would it be a bad idea to ride some of the more granite heavy stuff right now? Was thinking of riding over from Bedford hoping to give it an hour or 2 to dry a bit. Reeeeeallly wanna test the new wheels out haha.

4 Likes

You can ride there during a tropical storm :facepunch:

3 Likes

Yeah Josh, grip it and rip it.

3 Likes

Hahaha thanks boys. Ended up getting to fairview and ir started raining and got tired of fighting the head winds and just turned around and came home. Cant win em all :joy:

4 Likes

Little mud but all was good!

1 Like

yeah - it rained a bunch yesterday morning. oh well

Bird in Kentville looks pretty good. A few wet sections, but that’s normal. I wasn’t on everything in there, but the main loop was fine. Certainly in better shape than Gorge.

2 Likes

I was in today too. It’s leafblown on a lot of the trails. There are some trees down in a couple spots but overall in good shape for April.