Current Trail Conditions

It’s entirely clear, thanks to some elves

7 Likes

Some grown in areas can be cut back if you’re so inclined. Blueberry bushes.

Specifically Lakota Way.

The few trails that are open in The Railyard are running well, but there’s a soft, muddy spot between the updated drop and gap at the end of Trash Talkin section 3. A couple of deep ruts there already, please don’t add more; or go OTB if the mud steals your speed.

2 Likes

Which part is Lakota way?

The connector trail at the end of Death March to Suzie Q

2 Likes

1 Like

Any updates on Fitzpatrick Mt.?

Just got back from mac run. Clark kent along with west pine are heavily covered in leaves. Easy to loose traction on the climb section of west

Any objections to me walking it with a leaf blower? With granite fondue coming up that could be a bad traffic jamb spot with people stalling out on rhe wet roots and rocks

4 Likes

Sounds great to me. MRWA will let the city know a little leaf blowing may be happening, which can help in the unlikely event that a local resident wonders why you are making noise near their backyard.

Last year most of Norawarren and West Pine was blown out pre-fondo, by @Coaster2 as I recall.

If you have schedule flexibility, I suggest doing this only a few days before the fondo for maximum effect.

5 Likes

Its a battery powered leaf blower so its not as loud as the gas powered brethren. Ill try to get there Wednesday evening… 530 ish well before the city noise bylaw kicks in

4 Likes

That all sounds great. Thanks, from many riders I’m sure!

1 Like

I haven’t been in, only driving by it looks like a disaster. Wouldn’t count on riding there any time soon. Might pop in for a visit shortly as I usually get my bedding sawdust from there.

1 Like

Clark kent is cleared. Ill head to west pine Wednesday

5 Likes

managed to get a quick rip at Keppoch last pm. Looks like lots of trail clearing has been done by the crew up there.
Summit east, Flying squirrel, Barbs Bypass, Chute, Annie the Camel are all in good shape. East of Awesome was wetter than expected.
As they continue to work through, There’s a handy sign at the base kiosk with some recommended routes, and trails that are closed for the season. It looks like a full list of currently opened trails is better found on the website.

1 Like

Little Bromont in Bowater is now clear. Watch out for a section before the last descent that needs to be rerouted high as the roots have pulled up the moss and the trailbed.

3 Likes

Rode Whopper today for the first time in a long time and it’s in good shape.
Thanks to whoever did a lot of work in there after the Hurricane!
The much debated root on Flipside has been removed.

1 Like

Yeah, we noticed that last group ride. Hahaha and it wasn’t me.

3 Likes

Whoever cut that root out deserves to have their Minions slashed.

9 Likes

:joy::joy:

1 Like