ECMTB Weekly - Trail Build?! at MRWA - 19 Jun 2018

This week is not a ride.

I know… I know… its prime time and all… but we need to pitch in on some trail work. It can’t be all play.

So put on your getting dirty clothes and come on out to Fight trail and help us work on some trail.

This is an ECMTB banner event so let’s have a great turn out and get some work done.

Where: Fight Trail, Alabaster Way cul-de-sac entrance
When: Tuesday, June 19/18 at 7pm
Difficulty: Soooo easy, its good for the soul!!

Notes: bring bug spray, gloves, dress for grubbing and rock work.

• Going, see you there!
  • Wish I could, maybe next time.
  • Maybe, I’ll let you know.

0 voters

If you plan to attend, please indicate that you are going above and ensure your profile has the Member Name and Emergency Contact fields filled in.

It is every rider’s responsibility to know their own abilities, make smart decisions and ride safely. As a community ride we will ensure you are not left behind and as a group we know we are safer when we have others with us.

Please pay attention to the trail difficulty posted above.

1 Like

The fine folks at MRWA approached us to see if we wanted to put our ECMTB stamp on some of the excellent work they’ve been doing at Fight Trail, and we thought it was a great idea.

This event is open to everyone, and you don’t need any previous trail building experience or tools. But if you have some tools then bring them…better to have too many than not enough.

We’ll be working on the small loop where Osprey meets the Attic. If you arrive late, here’s a map of the area we will be working on, just meet us on that loop.

3 Likes

Looking forward to this!
And bring water too!

1 Like

Many hands make light work.
The official trail name is
Schnitzel and it is located at the end of the osprey trail. First thing to tackle will be the wet / soft sections on the lower half of the trail.

2 Likes

There’s also that pesky downed tree with @adventurer’s name on it. I’ll be sure to bring my saw.

I heard that @jetter
Let’s get revenge on that tree!

1 Like

But I love that tree. :smiley: it’s a nice bunny hop feature :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I never sausage a trail!

Don’t think I’ll make it to this build. I have something else going on Tuesday.

On the Rock, or I would.

Note there is also a Giant demo happening at Fight at the same time. The cul de sac should be quite busy so you may need to park down the street somewhere.

Also heads up walking on the trails to and from the build. Folks will be riding ‘em like they stole ‘em.

1 Like

Lesson is: ride to the build location. :wink:

Regrets, I can’t make it to the build or the demo!

1 Like

I was hoping to make it out tonight, but the baby (future trail digger) decided he wants to make his way into the world today. Have fun!

5 Likes

@BowlRat Congrats! I suppose that’s a little more important.

1 Like

Wow, that is totally awesome, @BowlRat!

Congrats, indeed! :tada:

1 Like

Thank you, thank you!

1 Like

I will be there 1 hour earlier at 6 if anyone else is interested.

1 Like

I’ll be swinging out by after stopping by the demo event.

1 Like

Congrats @BowlRat!

1 Like

Plenty of tools here just bring lube/oil for the wheelbarrow :face_with_raised_eyebrow: