Events Category

Hey folks,

Just a reminder, if you know of a MTB event please feel free to add it to the calendar.

I’d love to see the calendar full of events this year and make it an even more valuable resource.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Yeah, cause Bicycle Nova Scotia certainly is not going to help anyone on this front. http://bicycle.ns.ca/bns-race-calendar/

I was scanning around different groups / sites it appears not much has been posted yet.

Trailflow is ahead of the curve on events posting. I’m sure they have schedule planning needs that drive this.

CPEI and Velo NB seem to have their calendars full and mostly complete.

1 Like

I made a Google Calendar yesterday with all the 2019 events on it to keep track of them for myself. Mostly cycling things in the Maritimes with emphasis on MTB with a few road/paddling/climbing things thrown in. I think all the NS stuff is wrong right now because the BNS website said 2019(yesterday, not today), but I think it was all 2018 things as the Canada Cup date was wrong on it.

https://calendar.google.com/calendar?cid=cG1ubG52b2hhZnJudTdoNjMxc2k4ZnUzMWtAZ3JvdXAuY2FsZW5kYXIuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbQ

2 Likes

Since I now live in NB, and NS and PEI events are all close by, I felt a need for a regional race calendar. I created this. Our provinces are small and should work together more on most things.

Still a work in progress. Let me know what you think. I may add strava links, GPX files and so forth.

7 Likes

Looks great Doug! And you are right, we should work together more.
One thing I did notice is that the provincial map logos cover some of your text.
This will be a big help planning my summer events.

Working together with Nb and PEI has been attempted before. An exercise in frustration.

Thanks. I have not tested in in many browsers and screen sizes yet. mobile version has work to be done yet. Feel free to tell me of any other glitches you find.

Yeah, I’ve heard in the past. Too bad. I think we should be one province IMO.

Still a finite number of weekends in a summer.

This is this most useful events calendar to date, mostly because all the info is in one place. I like that it is simple: Date, Province, event type and a link to the event info. Thanks.

There are existing web platforms to enter this information into but no one ever seems to want to bother (ecmtb, pinkbike).

1 Like

Pink Bike is too big, and ECMTB content falls away in time, although if this site was more than a forum it could be appropriate. Although I wanted more than MTB events. There are probably some events in Maine that are close enough to included too. I just need to figure out how to select two or more categories at a time, so I can add provinces/state as a cat.

1 Like

Just a heads up in case people don’t know, the ECMTB events category has a calendar mode and an ical feed if you like to integrate it with google calendar or whatever.

I think what you are doing is great though.

We intend to keep this category as up to date as possible and keep the conversations going.

1 Like

Anyone have any inside info on dates for mtb races or any cool events this summer? Unfortunately I have to start organizing my summer work/kid schedule already and working a lot of weekends makes things tricky…
Have been compulsively refreshing racecalendar.ca and the BNS race calendar page

We’re just finalizing our race calendar here at TrailFlow. Expect to see it posted very soon! The Kentville Canada Cup is Aug 28-30 this year. As for BNS… I saw a tentative race calendar posted on facebook sometime last month.

3 Likes

Thanks! I checked the bns Facebook site and couldn’t find anything. If someone finds it, could they post it up here? Anything is better than nothing!

Strathaganza MTB fest in PEI was a ton of fun last year. No word yet on this year’s date, but last year it was the Labour Day weekend.

I heard SummerFest was a good time last year. Keppoch put on some MTB events to coincide with the fest. Assume they will do the same this year. Dates are Aug 28-29.

2 Likes

Here’s TrailFlow’s tentative dates for our grass roots events:

2020 Kentville MTB Challenge Series:

• May 3 2020 - Spring 4X Race at Burgher Hill
  • May 16 2020 - Spring Trials Challenge - Location TBA
  • May 31 2020 - Spring DH Race at The Gorge
  • July 12 2020 - Summer DH Race at The Gorge
  • Sep 6 2020 - Fall 4X Race at Burgher Hill
  • Sep 20 2020 - Fall Trials Challenge - Location TBA
  • Dec 13 2020 - FrostBite DH & Year End Series Awards/Prizes

Kentville Canada Cup Short Track Race Series:

Join us at Memorial Park for the KCC Short Track Race Series! This weekly mountain bike race series takes place on the fun and flowy Bottle Rocket trail used in the Kentville Canada Cup! Races run Friday nights from April 17 to May 15 2020.

This event is a fundraiser for the Kentville Canada Cup Festival (August 28-30) and all proceeds support the event and your local trails!

Suggested Minimum Donation - Fees cover the whole series!
Ages 7-9, 10-12 - $20
Beginner / Expert / Masters 50+ - $30

5 Likes

3 Likes