How are the trails? Post Hurricane

Wondering whats the trail status post-hurricane?

Victoria Park

Anyone looking for a ride trails are good. Cleared big debris and trees this am. Main trails are decently dry except spots.

So trail list
Trash Talking - Dry and Rideable
Panda -mostly dry and rideable
Stacked - dry rideable
Mccabe’s Loop - wet in normal spots, 1 tree down we couldnt remove without powersaw (passable, duck)
McCready - Wet in typical spots, passable
Treesum- Rideable and decently dry
Slim Shady- Rideable
Choose Your Destinty Good
Hawk good
Wipeout good
Hawk Express way good
Bootleg and Ponds good
Tower extension good

2 Likes

I was out at Whooper brushing this morning but going to ride it soon. Will update later.

2 Likes

Thanks!

The portion of McIntosh run (fight) that i rode this morning was in decent shape. Rode osprey, schnitzel, attic, lake loop counter clock wise to where the connection will be made. There were a couple of wet spots, nothing that a couple sunny days won’t dry up. Ran into Brock, who was also out riding and clearing brush from the trails. Can’t comment on the rest of the trails.

3 Likes

Bowater is in fine shape. We cleared most deadfall, with the exception of a few large trees requiring proper equipment. Quite dry overall and great riding. Nothing to worry about on the descents.

3 Likes

So, Da minion, da minion ext have been taken care of as well as the fire road. I did that this morning as well as opened up « the missing link » from Death March to Suzie Q. Entrance is at the tree line for Suzie Q. I road it tonight going counter clockwise. just beyond that area inside the tree line right at the top of the final climb or first decent there are 2 big trees i’d say both over 12 inches in diameter. Too big for me and my axe. Flip Side has one tree right in the middle of a decent when going clockwise it’s stump is about 12ft up the hill and two thirds of it fell standing up right in the middle of the trail. I’ll take a walk tomorrow morning and clean loose debris and the smaller trees but for sure I can’t move those 3 big trees myself. I didn’t touch Suzie lake loop or Death March. Overall trails are in good shape, not too muddy .

2 Likes

Wow, trail elf’s are busy! +++ Karma for you guys in bike heaven! :pray:t4::metal:t4:

2 Likes

Had a report from Nine Mile, although I haven’t been there myself. Trail was wet (of course!). A few trees down after the crusher dust ends. No big ones. All easily stepped over. Will try to get some volunteers in this week to clear them.

1 Like

Sounds like PEI got hammered.

hmmmmmm…I wonder if this puts a damper on our trip to PEI on the 20th

Nora Warren and in and out were really bad and not even rideable, but then i ran into the trail crew and helped them out for a couple hours

pics from before the work…

5 Likes

I am heading to Spider Lake to see what is up there. I will report back

3 Likes

Whooper is all clear being Suzie Q and Flip Side as well da minion and ext. we have a new tunnel under two massive trees. And made a bypass for the other big one.

4 Likes

Anyone out to empire yet?

Spider Lake had lots of debris down but nothing more than leaves and light branches. No trees down anywhere I rode. I did not ride Skull or Replicator. Two people I met in the parking lot said Skull had a tree down but TBH I think it was their first time there and perhaps the tree they refer to has always been down.

Regardless, it is all good at Spider

3 Likes

Rode Spider yesterday and though I pulled a half dozen smaller trees from the trails, there are many large trees down. Skull has a massive tree down blocking the trail closer to the double track. Lake Major Loop has several. Ribbon has at least 3 large trees down. Picnic is just about clear, except for a half tree jutting into the trail. Replicator is clear too.

3 Likes
  1. Atlantic View Trail is closed due to hurricane damage:
    https://www.facebook.com/atlanticviewtrail/posts/2466345593440977

2. A section of the BLT is closed because they are replacing a bridge. I believe this is not hurricane related:
    https://www.facebook.com/BLTTrails/posts/1470396753112891

3. Shubie singletracks have been cleared of major damage. Still lots of derailleur eating sticks around.

5 Likes

Gorge is cleaned of tree debris and tomorrow evening AVMBA is having a trail cleaning day to do some dirt work.

2 Likes

I was at Norawarren today, everything that was a mess is now pretty much perfect again.

6 Likes