How are the trails? Post Hurricane

Awesome sauce. Thanks for the update!

And thanks to the trail gnomes, of course!

2 Likes

Reservoir Park in Wolfville has quite a few trees down, leaners, hangers, and lots of debris. Main crusher dust trails have been cleared. Skills Park doesnā€™t seem to have any damage - one tall tree down across the pump track, and lots of branches and twigs. Beginnerā€™s loop near skills park is pretty much impassable. Picked my way through the lower trail in the ravine - a couple of trees down there, but was able to walk around. Upper trails along ravine have a few trees down which are hard to get through.

I would give Reservoir Park a miss until it gets cleared out.

1 Like

Pulled some down trees at death march but there were still like 6-8 trees that needs to be cut.

1 Like

Keji is closed until further notice:

Moved this to general category so everyone can see it.

1 Like

AVMBA and some awesome volunteers did some work on Bird Sanctuary last evening. Still lots of leaves down but cabin in the woods has had some trees removed and Bird down is raked and cleared.

4 Likes

A bunch of provincial parks are closed most notably Cape Split, with no known re-opening date.

https://parks.novascotia.ca/content/current-advisories

1 Like

#mrwa #fighttrail

This one on the old school drop to lake loop. Just so be aware!

Did a reverse lake looper today, have been checking those new trails, damm they are so sweet making it classy like Nelson French design trails in The East.

Wishing you tight chains and good set of tailwinds to the builders and trail engineers.
:pray:t4::smiling_face::raised_hands:

2 Likes

There were a couple of trees in the way at Fight on the old Alternate Entrance trail near the back, I found the first on the hard way when I clipped a handlebar and went down haha. No injuries and more importantly the bike is fine. I moved that sucker out of the way and two more further down the line. All clear now.

4 Likes

another list of trail closures from NS Trails, mostly rail trail listings:

Nine Mile River closure to cyclists is a surprise to me. No one on the association made that decision as far as I know. The only issues were a few small trees down, which were easy to step over. They may have been cleared by now.

3 Likes

Whoever made the decision probably has a very different idea of ā€œnot rideableā€ that does not align with what most mountain bikers would consider not rideable.

1 Like

Talked with my NMRTA peeps. When contacted by nstrails, they said bikes would have trouble getting through, which ns trails interpreted as closed. Itā€™s ok to bike at Nine Mile.

3 Likes

The gorge looked like a soggy mess still so I avoided it but could see some bikes have been in / are currently there now unfortunately

Any updates on the condition of empire post hurricane?

Empire is 90% good, lots of sticks and a bit wet in spots. One major bridge has some issues it got shifted from itā€™s anchor point on one side but still rideable with caution.

4 Likes

Rode Nine Mile today. Cleared last few trees down, so main trail is clear. Didnā€™t ride Hemlock/Slog loop. Ran into a couple that said two trees were down on it. Hemlock Loop is scheduled for boardwalk repair, so weā€™ll do those trees when we do the boardwalks.

4 Likes

Anyone know if those 6to8 trees on Death March have been taken care of? If not, how large are they?

Irishmans is in great shape, freshly leaf blown too. There is one tree down on Hawk Squawk but I donā€™t expect it will be there much longer.

4 Likes

Hey Wayners, I just rode Death March and there are still a couple of trees blocking the trail.