How are the trails? Post Hurricane

Big ones? I might lug in a little help to take them out sometime this week if need be.

1 Like

There are 3 trees. I donā€™t think a chainsaw is required, Iā€™d say a small buck saw or an axe. Iā€™ll be heading out the door shortly to take care of it. So just pack your steed when you plan to head out.

2 Likes

Death March is all clear of trees and debris.

13 Likes

2 Likes

Three large trees down on Lakota Way in Whopper. Tried to move them, but they will require a saw.

1 Like

Super Secret Singletrack is all clear now.
There was a lot of debris and almost a dozen fallen trees.
Most of em, were so rotten I could just pick them up and hurl them off the trail, but I had to cut three of them out using my handy Fiskers saw (PSA for trail maintenance ninjas)

3 Likes

What is this super secret singletrack one speaks of?

Fight Trail, no secret.

Shoot. Need more trails. Building season starts soon :pick:

At spider Lake-Large tree cracked and fell standing vertically in mid- trail on what I believe to be ribbon of love.
I think itā€™s in there relatively solid. Might require a few people with ropes or a come-along and a chainsaw to safely remove-if that sort of thing is allowed thereā€¦
Not sure about skull, but the rest of the ā€œfront sideā€ trails seem in good shape, other than needing a bit of trimming

Ribbon of Love is on Halifax Water property (everything to the right of the main road/doubletrack as youā€™re going up) so if youā€™re caught working there youā€™ll be in poo poo with people and given their semi-recent state of agitation by ATV douche-tards maybe youā€™ll catch a fine too, if youā€™re caught.

2 Likes

Thanks, I wondered if that was the deal these days, I certainly want to avoid the poo-poo

1 Like

Agreedā€¦ To be clear it has been illegal to build trail in there since 1986 when it was legislated. This pre-dates ribbon, inner peace and skull, so the deal hasnā€™t really ever changed.

1 Like

Building and clearing trail is sometimes determined to be two different things by different land owners. Do they allow clearing of debris, providing no new trails are made? Or is this a complete hands off type of thing?

2 Likes

Lol I saw that tree, damn thing looks planted :joy:

1 Like

I donā€™t know @riderx thatā€™s a question for Halifax Water. Nothing in the regs that I can see that makes such a small differentiation. Basically you canā€™t do anything there without a permit. see point #18 https://novascotia.ca/just/regulations/regs/envpwlmr.htm

1 Like