MTB Hot Takes šŸ”„

No water bottle cage, no deal.
Riding with a pack fucking sucks and Iā€™d never buy a bike that couldnā€™t hold as least one bottle INSIDE the triangle. Bottom of the downtube doesnā€™t count. :-1:

7 Likes

Why do they even bother. Like here is a 6 foot long, 160/160 bike and we couldnā€™t figure out how to put a bottle in.

1 Like

I have a fanny pack and purple ano parts on my bike. I also listen to The Pixies. Sup?

10 Likes

Depends on the colorā€¦if their neon then yesā€¦ actually all neon belongs in the 90s not social media feeds about 90s partiesā€¦

Ive tried wearint a pack several times every time they dump water all over my back

I have a set on my DeKerf. I actually like them. The ā€œRapid Riseā€ derailleur that was matched with them was trash though.

2 Likes

Engaging writing and pictures gets me way more stoked to ride than the current vomit of desensitizing video content
Screen Shot 2022-06-10 at 1.50.10 PM

4 Likes

Tomac never should have left Mongoose.

Tinker would have been the next Fuzzy Hall if he stayed with BMX.

2 Likes

Steel is real.

4 Likes

I was pricing dekerfs recently because I like hurting myself.

2 Likes

This one 100%.

1 Like

Tan walls look like crap no matter what bike they are on.

8 Likes

Hard disagree

1 Like

I should qualifyā€¦Iā€™ve seen a few Gravel bikes where they look ok, but for MTB keep 'em blackā€¦like your heart!

2 Likes

XC Chromag because why not. Sold this bike some regrets but itā€™s replacement has been a weapon and ridden far more often.

2 Likes

Yes, I liked them on my gravel bike but lost interest on the MTB when my panaracer smokes wore out.

2 Likes

Not every video needs a fullface slow mo sillouette shot.

Michelin should bring back green tires with tanwalls, and get the MTB fashion police really flustered.

13 Likes

Tires nailed to roots, scarier than bare slippery roots.

3 Likes

I can imagine it would be painful. Mine is ~25 years old now.