Nova Scotia Bike Park Info (Dirt Jumps/BMX/4-Cross/Mountain Bike Skills)

Pic from today but we have been going for a couple of weeks now.

6 Likes

Okay. Thank you! No ones said anything to you? Im thinking they may have just forgot to take the sign down.

The gate has been open so if the sign is still there I haven’t seen it.

1 Like

Since we’re staying in our communities, now is not a bad time to bump the bike parks thread back up. If anyone has updates on bike parks, feel free to post.

5 Likes

Glenbourne is in pretty good shape atm.

4 Likes

Eastern Passage bike park is pretty rutted and most of the jumps and berms need attention. Might start picking away at it, because the bones are still good. Just have to clean things back up.

2 Likes

Fall River needs some work. It’s not terrible, but a couple of hours with a shovel would go a long way. A few of us did some work there a few weeks ago when we were still allowed to gather.

https://www.instagram.com/p/COIOxm6HSbZ

1 Like

I am in the process of having conversations with our local MLA & councillor in regards to having a proper pump track/skills park built at the Williamswood Rec Park. Fingers crossed we can make it happen! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Awesome! There used to be a small pump track there years ago in addition to the dirt jumps but it got flattened for some reason. I live close by and would love to see this happen.

2 Likes

That would be great! More pump tracks!

1 Like

The dirt bike riders just love to tear it right up

Yes, we’ve talked about fencing it in to hopefully prevent that from happening :frowning:

4 Likes

Nicole,

I litterly just spoke to Brendan last night about the same topic. I asked him if the dirt jumps could be maintained annually and a pump track added.

He told me he was at the field yesterday looking and he is trying to figure out funding :crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

Was just at glenbourn yesterday and it’s running pretty good.

4 Likes

Mt Edward is also in decent shape right now.

2 Likes

Was at fall river jump park today it’s not worth any time. Needs to be redone

3 Likes

Glad to hear your review, I was literally just talking about that place yesterday. I figured it was probably in rough shape but one can dream :ok_hand:

2 Likes
1 Like

And to follow up from @Rolls post, if you haven’t yet PLEASE fill out this strategy survey, because this is how we will ensure that Halifax has an avenue to keep funding projects like the Shubie pump track and others in the city.

5 Likes

I have a meeting with Patty Cuttell on June 22 about building the pump track/MTB skills park at the Williamswood rec site :raised_hands:t2:

11 Likes