Post your trail dog!

Can’t believe we almost missed this one. She’s more of a runner but doesn’t mind the occasional MTB adventure, ideally somewhere the leash is primarily in the backpack.

Miel:

7 Likes

She’s one extra special girl!

Meet Marlowe, a nine-year-old Yorkshire terrier.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFanurcnA1E/?igshid=1713pfiv2s4bp

He loves to run! Though he seems a sprinter, he’s good for 5-8K depending on the day, conditions, etc. He was wary of the bikes at first, but eventually warmed up to them and now gets excited when he sees a bike being prepped to ride.

He’ll chase us down the trails…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CGPnXmwHKd9/?igshid=1qd9irx1syg33

He’ll lead the charge up the hills!

I love this fuzzy little dork so much. Yet, he’s an absolutely terrible trail dog! :grin: He’s super friendly and social, and will stop to say hi to everyone: walkers, runners, cyclists… it’s less than ideal to have him run into the trail and stop in front of moving bikes. We choose to go where it’s quiet when we’re with him, because it’s safer for all involved.

If you see us out on the trail, expect this little smile-generator to try to greet you. We’ll do our best to keep him out of your way and safe.

10 Likes

Inspecting some trail work.

11 Likes

He always seems to be waiting for me.

13 Likes

Favourite hydration stop at Flipside

11 Likes

Woody makes me appreciate trails more. Maybe he makes me appreciate everything more.

Sunshine Coast, B.C.

Bend

Duck N Run

Does trailwork.

A little ride in Sedona, AZ on Pyramid.

17 Likes

FYI

14 Likes

Our little Vietnamese dog out on the trails… Chut Chut (which means ‘just a little’ in Vietnamese) but is pronounced Choop Choop… she is loving life in NS and the cooler weather… squirrels :chipmunk: and trails :grin:

17 Likes

Nothing like cracking a cold one with your riding buddy at the end of the day. It’s a local biz too! I picked up a can for the dogs Xmas present.

2 Likes

Have always been curious about this stuff!

We walk by it all the time and recently were saying we wish we had something like this for our dog without knowing what this stuff was. Thanks for prompting some more reading about what it is… will be picking some up shortly.

1 Like

We gift these to the humans of dogs we know for the holidays. I may be wrong but I think there’s an ECMTBer connection?

2 Likes

This is Freya, she is a unit. She can kinda follow a bike in the yard next to my house. Likes include cheese, cheese, Timbits and howling and wooing at everything you do or say to her.

16 Likes

Yup I roast that coffee

2 Likes

There’s a seasonal blend that I find is a lot better than the normal blends, personally. It’s called Howliday (see what we did there :joy:), we blend a light roast Colombian with a medium dark Guatemalan

4 Likes

Aspiring trail pup, Jasper.

19 Likes

Yay!!

1 Like

Oh jasper!!! 10/10 would crash if I saw such a cute tiny puppy while riding

1 Like

Cute fellow!

1 Like

I recognized the pup and the beach! My girlfriends family has a cottage right next door. Where is your usual go to spot in pictou? We have yet to find somewhere she’s comfortable with