Rocky Mountain Altitude vs Slayer

Just gotta pick the right lines one those rigs. Travel will just bail you out once inna while when you make a mistake LOL

1 Like

Let me know how a wal-mart bike does, Lots of YT video’s with pro’s riding low end bikes and its not a good result no matter your skill level…

People are allowed to have different opinions and experiences than yourself, you don’t need to take issue with every post you may disagree with. I’ve seen a few in this single thread, relax my friend, relax.

1 Like

Absolutely they can, But its hard to have an accurate opinion on a bike you’ve never seen or rode.

I’d guess there’s maybe 3 slayers in Hrm, but I’ve never seen another on the trail.

I’m relaxed and have been, Thanks for the advice…

i’ve got a 2021 altitude and was debating on the slayer but if you get the 29er the slayer is only 10 mm more travel in the rear (170/170 instead of 170/160 on the altitude) i think either way you go you’ll be happy but the altitude has been great for pretty well everything i’ve done on it. slayer also is around 2/3 lbs heavier

2 Likes

It’s always great to hear a wide range of opinions on people’s views on different models/platforms. I guess its just important to take into consideration someone else’s perceived enjoyment/expectations compared to your own. Sure you can ride anything, anywwhere and call it fun, but different things for different people.

8 Likes

Exactly. Just because you can ride a skidoo across a lake, doesn’t make it a jet ski or a boat. Haha.

5 Likes

Theres riders in the north shore vancouver who win enduro races on bikes with 150 travel. One specific rider is using a santa cruz hi tower and its more than enough bike for the features there which there are far more and bigger of amidst trail systems that have 2-300 kms of single track not 10-20 like here.

I ride keppoch on a 150/120 and have all kind of fun. Just because you own a bike doesn’t make it the best, that’s called bias.

3 Likes

Yup all that matters is that your havint fun.

Fuck it just buy a Maiden and get it over with.

Perfect bike for Atlantic Canada. You can ride it like 2 places and enjoy it.

As someone who rides 2k a year in the Railyard for the past 4 years, big enduro bikes are no fun there, and not everyone wants the bike to make the trail tame.

Honestly the perfect bike in the park is dependant on the trail, but I assure you all the slayer isn’t it. 130/120 bikes constantly hold the faster times for a reason.

1 Like

Because you have so much experience riding one right ?

Sorry to all the people who ride low travel that are upset… Not the intention here.

Right ya goof. Like we get it you like your bike. Good for you. But there is no way the slayer is the best bike choice for Atlantic Canada unless you ride a lot of park, or big hits. I’ve seen MK Ultra and girds gold knocked out by trail bikes and it would easily be one of the jankiest places around.

Go ride the Railyard with a group ride on your big enduro bike and see how you do.

2 Likes

Getting the fastest times and having fun are not really the same thing though… at least not for me.

Seems like we’ve reached the point of “choose your preferred travel and be a dick about it” in this thread. I really don’t see the point of calling people names on the internet for the amount of travel they like.

4 Likes

Your the goof buddy.

He was asking one VS the other not the “best” bike for Atlantic Canada.

I’m giving an opinion from someone who actually owns one not some guy reading specs lol saying its a “park” bike…

I ride the railyard all the time on my “big enduro” and it works amazing. you just don’t use all 180mm ?

same rear cassette as 90% of trail bikes with 150/140.

This, this is attitude. Check it at the door homie. We’re all picking up on it, and you seem to think we aren’t.

2 Likes

Thanks for policing my attitude through a comment on the internet.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :rofl:

7 Likes

:kissing_heart: Have a wonderful day

3 Likes