Rocky Mountain Altitude vs Slayer

I legitimately hope you do buddy!

At first I gave the benefit of the doubt disagreeing is fine like I’m fine with that. But calling me but hurt over having less travel was too funny. Sharing you opinion is fine, what made you wrong is attitude. So I’ll give it back.

Replying to the wrong person but I get ya 100%! It’s defensiveness in the hunt for validation.

1 Like

Someone is upset, for sure.

You got me, I’m just beside myself.

nah, goof is legit old school throwdown. I’m ok with its use here.

2 Likes

You’re spending an inordinate amount of time justifying your bike of choice. You like it and that’s fine, but don’t expect to sign anyone else up from what I’m reading here.

4 Likes

I send everything on my gravel bike, and ride gravel on my enduro bike. I also fish midges with my 8 weight. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

9 Likes

8wt, ooo someone is fishing big!

2 Likes

I did shorttrack on a stab primo once. Was a laugh but would not recommend.

4 Likes

Im waiting to see a full blown enduro series using unicycles with a solid plastic tires. Forget abour big travel $8000 bikes

2 Likes

It’s the Monster T of small creek rods lol.

5 Likes

Wouldnt know lol. Last 3 x i used a rod they were shark fishing ones

2 Likes

8 weight? Pfft, light weight. My Tenkara rod is two wooden broom sticks with a duct tape ferrule and 10.5 feet of baler twine.

5 Likes

Rofl sounds like my stand up bass. Its a tin pail with a broom handle and string

Should be able to bring fish in by the bucket load

3 Likes

Saranade them to lure them with rumblin bass then snag em

1 Like

I once rode an Enduro on a 110mm Anthem. Was out of town and wanted a training ride as I was preparing for a 50km XC race.

Didn’t come last!

1 Like

Awesome!

I used to race expert class DH on a Balfa Minuteman hardtail with a dual crown Super T, and even managed some top 10 results, back when DH races were competitive and plentiful locally. Was it the best bike to be racing against 200mm Intense M1s, Specialized Demos and such? Not a chance. Did I have a great time and develop really useful skills for riding? Damn right.

Fact is, you can use any bike for any type of riding and still have fun. The other fact is, for around here, a huge bike isn’t usually the best tool. I’ve been riding a 160/170mm Commencal for half a decade and it’s great, especially because it’s only about 30 lbs. But I recently bought a 130/150mm aggressive trail bike and it’s quite clear to me that this bike is more appropriate for everything locally. The Slayer is a lovely bike, but with an average weight between 35 and 40 lbs and a shit ton of travel, there’s no question that the Altitude or the Instinct will be a better ‘quiver killer’ rig for Nova Scotia.

No matter what, all bikes are good bikes, but it’s best not to develop a blind brand/bike loyalty argument that just because you’re enjoying a big bike that it will be the best choice for all riders no matter what. If it was, shorter travel rigs wouldn’t exist.

12 Likes