Spider Lake

I really appreciated the signs. On several occasions when I was in there, I ran into bikers who had not been there before, and could direct them using the signs. It is is a real shame. As you say I seriously doubt it was hikers or bikers that did it, I have only heard positive things about the signs from those groups. My wish is that someday there will be trails designated for biking, even if it is just certain times of day. But that is probably a long way off.

Watch for a little trail love by the time the long weekend is over. Some will love it. Some won’t. But I think it will make it a better place to ride.

What are you planning to do?

Enhance the trail, IMO

Thanks for the signs that you put on many trail heads. I took advantage of them today to explore some trails there that I never rode before.

That was a long time overdue!

Thanks for the signs that you put on many trail heads. I took advantage of them today to explore some trails there that I never rode before.
…trail heads and intersections…

That is amazing

Great move with the signs. Very helpful indeed.

I thought it was about time that I put some time, effort and money in the trails. I’ve been riding them for years so this is my little way of saying thanks.

If I had to do it over again I would have made them a little smaller. It’s really hard to know exatly where to put the intersection ones and what to point to. It’s my “interpretation”, if you like. I’ll be hanging more that point you in general directions. I missed a few Hurricanes and at least one Inner Peace.

I also volunteered to do signage for Fight Trail and someone at Cyclesmith is sending the names to me so I can create them. It will be up to him to hang them though. I’ll do Whopper too if someone wants to send me a list and will volunteer to hang them. I’ll make them a little smaller though but I thought the neutral tone was a good one in that environment. They are made on DiBond aluminum and should be there long after we are all gone.

I can’t take credit for building any of the trails (just the Simon and Garfuinkel Bridge) so I hope I didn’t offend any trail builders (like Shawn Skellhorn who we all owe a tremendous debt for this ongoing work) by calling them the wrong names although I think I used what is generally accepted as the names.

It would be really helpful to have a color coded map that can be used in conjunction with the signs. If someone creates a proper graphicsw file, I’ll gladly reproduce hard copies and make them available. Signs are good. Signs along with a map is great.

Awesome. That is EXACTLY one of the reasons why I did it.

A group of three guys, one wearing an ECMTB jersey, called me sign boy yesterday. I don’t think it was a compliment

I was in there on Sunday and I did not see any signs…I rode the old replicator loop, ribbon of love, humps, traverse and inner piece and I don’t recall seeing one sign.

The trail signs are great. I was in on monday and it looked like everything was labled. Great idea, style and size. Thumbs up here.

I was in there on Sunday and I did not see any signs…I rode the old replicator loop, ribbon of love, humps, traverse and inner piece and I don’t recall seeing one sign.
They did not go up until Monday

Did you see what i did with Ribbon of…

From the end of Spider Lake Road up it’s called Love of Ribbon and when you ride from the top back down to the trailhead it is called Ribbon of Love. I hope nobody minds the rename. Renaming isn’t my intention

See how clever I am? I told you this place was gonna be more awesome now that I’m here http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/e26e97a318f82ec144b0818e5a8f8edb.gif

Here is a pic of the sins in production in the Plant

I was at the trails riding on Sunday morning. I am a rookie mountain biker, so I was just heading down whatever trails I found on the left or right after biking up the main road. It was a perfect morning, I was there at about 7:30 am, perfect weather and there wasn’t one other person there, had the trails all to myself. My only wish was that there was signs on the trails. Now that is done. I think it is a great idea. And a note to other newbie riders like me, I was intimated to try the trails at first, but there are trails for every skill level. I found some smooth singletrack that have I really enjoyed with no crazy drops or “skinnies”. Now I will know the names of these trails.

Chris

hey mud i have not forgoten about the map, at least not completely. i do have a rough copy done but i need to produce a better final copy. i will try and do something about that in the near future.

Just rode Spider Lake last night. I don’t MTB much, nor am I very good, but the signs were a HUGE improvement. I had no idea there were that many trails off to the left of the main trail. They’re a ton of fun as well, given my skill level. I’ll have to get out there more often.

Hopefully the signs are here to stay and no drunkards or assholes damage them.

I found a pair of gloves on the trail last night. Describe them and I will see that you get them back

I lost a pair once… they each had 5 fingers. Does that sound about right? http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/ec0477c8a206ff250782e40f9bae4b4c.gif

If they each have 4 fingers and a thumb they could be mine.