Spider Lake

If they each have 4 fingers and a thumb they could be mine.
Hey… I had thumbs once. Stupid opposable fingers.

Ff any of you are serious, shoot me a pm…and I don’t
mean putting a bullet in Stephen Harper

I found a pair of gloves on the trail last night. Describe them and I will see that you get them back
if michael jackson comes to mind, they’re mine. white with black accents? (lol) freshly washed of funk, attached to bars to dry out. they were still wet by the end of the shubie extension, noticed they were gone when i got to the top field via fallen tree trail…

I think I have them. Gimme the brand and you can collect them anytime you like

fox, the right hand thumb is coming apart. visual appearance aside, if you take a big whiff they’ll smell like sunlight dish detergent. (lol)

I got 'em for you. I work in Burnside if you want to pick them up

Just wanted to say thanks for the trail signs. Hugely appreciated.

I have to go check these things out!!!

Who knew that the trail that leads to the Humps and Six Pack is call Spintastic? The trail across from the lower portion of Inner Peace, RH and I call Outer Peace because I don’t think it has been named.

I’m glad everyone likes the signs. I got the name Spintastic from Shawn Skellhorn. The other trails I just kin if winged it. As I said earlier my intention is not to rename or upset the apple cart. I just nwanted to show the trail a little love

Me and the missus loved them. Good for helping newbies put together a ride as well! Just tell them what order to ride stuff in. Awesome.

Are any of the trails in the Spider lake area meant to be 1-way only?

I’d say that certain trails flow better one way than the other, but I’m not aware of any trails that can’t be ridden both ways if you really wanted to .

I have ridden every trail both ways including the Six Pack and My Humps. They sucked uphill but the rest of the trail system is ambidextrous as all get out

I see one of the signs is missing already. It’s the Love of Ribbon sign as you start in on the trail. I’ve been asked not to hang any more so I won’t replace it.

Its disappointing to see this happen.

Man, that just cheeses me of! http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/19bb8ebfe3c2f5ef3ffb9aa4a027900d.gif

Why can’t people just respect other peoples stuff… aaaarrrgghgh

Was it someone with a uniform that asked? A landowner? Or just a grouch.

The Water Commission, who owns the land that a big chunk of Spider Lake sits on, is concerned that hanging the signs make the trails more “official” and this will attract more riders. They are not comfortable with this happening and I think we have to respect that. After all they are the Landowners It does kind of suck though

Spider Lake is pretty official, lots of people have been using those trails for a long time. The trails are even on OpenStreetMap, some of them are named. As official as they can ever get methinks.
openstreetmap.org/?lat=44.75 … 5&layers=M

As a side note, the only other MTB trails in NS shown there are Whopper and Fight Trail.

Official and legal are two different sides of the mtb trail coin.
The Bicycle NS trails assoc. is on the case, but you can imagine the legal hoops we have to jump through to make an inch of head way.
Yes the trails have been there a long time, but they were never built with permission from the landowner.
Sorry your sign went missing Muddy. Hopefully the rest will remain intact. I am willing to bet you wont have to look at too many garage doors on the road to the trail head to find it’s new home though.