Spider Lake

… you can imagine the legal hoops we have to jump through to make an inch of head way.
I’m sure it’s like trying to pull an alligators’s tooth by going through it’s butt hole. I’m glad someone is on the job though, keep up the good work. I’d like there to be trails around when my kid is old enough to ride them with me.

My riding buddy ended up with a brass tack in his front tire on the Love of Ribbon last night. It may have been a leftover as this a-hole doesn’t start laying tacks down until hunting season in the fall, but I thought I would throw the warning out there anyway

My riding buddy ended up with a brass tack in his front tire on the Love of Ribbon last night. It may have been a leftover as this a-hole doesn’t start laying tacks down until hunting season in the fall, but I thought I would throw the warning out there anyway

I think that a-hole was at the Tour de France yesterday.

Maybe the TdF just took a wrong turn through Spider Lake!

Brace yourself… http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/19bb8ebfe3c2f5ef3ffb9aa4a027900d.gif

So I have noticed most of the signs have now been taken down. In most cases they are gone, sometimes they are broken in half and in some cases they have been taken down but left on the ground. It really pisses me off that I spent over 60 hours making and hanging these signs. I spent over $1000 in materials. That’s bad enough but what really drives me crazy is the lack of respect that some individuals have. I highly doubt any rider would destroy them. I doubt it’s the hiker/runners as they likely found them useful and they are too busy doing their thing to stop and destroy the signs. I suspect its the ATV crowd or the hunter a-hole who tacks the trail every once in awhile.

I tried to give something back to the sport that I have enjoyed for some 15 years now and to mark the trail with some sort of permanency so that people can enjoy the trail for years to come. Then some low life comes around and does something like this.

Oh well. I planned the same thing for Fight Trail and was waiting for the development to take hold and then do Whopper in the future. Unfortunately I see it as wasted time. I understand that everyone may not like the marking of the trails and the way I did them but surely there is a more rerasonable approach than detroying them

/end rant

You show amazing restraint in your rant. I have much respect for that.

It is disturbing that anyone would show that much hostility towards your work. I can only hope that karma will find the person responsible.

In the meantime, your work was certainly appreciated.

I appreciate that but it’s not really about my work as much as it is about respect for the people who use them. I just can’t understand why someone would just wreck shit for the sake of wrecking shit.

And thank you for your kind words

Truly unbelievable… http://resource.pedaltrout.com/old_site_images/59930208822fe755f651a67ef4b70530.gif

Sorry to hear Kirk… your contribution and commitment to our mountain biking communitee is inspiring and I hope these petty acts of ignorance don’t discourage you.

This is pretty brutal.

It can make a person pretty sour, for sure. If it is the hunter, let’s just hope he’s an old enough dude that it won’t go on for too many years.

I haven’t been in there for quite a while, but I thought it was great when I saw those signs. I told all the newbies where to go, and they were stoked!

Maybe some day we’ll have our own spot where it will be OUR RIGHT to put up signs and stuff, and it anyone touches it, they are in doo-doo. A fella can hope.