Strava douche on 24

We don’t want it on the map @AustinM how hard a concept is that to handle. That is it, don’t care who rides it, don’t care if your fast or good, don’t care about getting fake little crown trophies. Just don’t want it on the map.

1 Like

@goose I could care less about who gets the fake little award crown thing your take on things has noting to do with anything.

Don’t build then. You are on building on public land. Either figure out how to play with others nicely or buy your own land and build to your heart’s content. But if you want to build on land that i, and most of the other’s here pay taxes on, then expect us to use it and to strava it. It’s that simple.

8 Likes

Hey Brent, that isn’t hard to understand but in my experience people don’t listen if the answer is “because I said so”. If there is a logical reason or valid concern people are more apt to listen to you.

It’s funny, when I rode line 26 someone flagged my ride a month or two ago…

Line 26 is a perfect example, when I stumbled upon it years ago you messaged me and asked me to take it down as it wasn’t done. You were polite and had a good reason and lo and behold I listened. Things work out better when you have rationale and reasoned discussion, not “don’t Strava cuz I said so.”

4 Likes

@AustinM The reason is still the same, it is not going to change.

I think he thinks that by Strava’ing it, it beings attention to it, from landowners. Line 24-26 are all on HRM land, so i don’t know what his issue is. And i’m assuming he also flagged all the segments in Shubie as well.

Go use it I don’t care. Don’t put segments there and don’t ride it in the wrong direction is the only thing that has ever been asked. It is shocking that these simple things can not be accepted…

When I talk with the other 20 or so people who have actually helped build the trails there every single one of them can not believe why this is such a problem.

2 Likes

Yes Lola I do flag all the Strava segments in HRM I possibly can that are on Multi-use trails with speed limits.

Again, people don’t comply with “because I said so” (not even my toddler does anymore). You brought up the safety issue on the IPA exit and most people only ride it one direction. The only reason some people continue is to get under your skin, because you’ve gotten into a conflict with people rather than having rational discussion.

7 Likes

Explain Line 24. Public land. Fully finished. No speed limits. No designated use. No one is going to kick you off. You have no valid argument. This sounds more like you think you own something and can dictate how it’s used. I learned early on that if i build something on land i do not own, the very next day someone else can change it. Or strava it.

8 Likes

Brent, if you don’t mind me asking why are you even on Strava? It sounds like you hate the platform and it causes you nothing but frustration. Just stop using it, enjoy your life and ride your bike.

5 Likes

Does BNS have confirmation from the landowners that no on is going to kick us off? I don’t think, so there is no guarantee, so we don’t want it on the map. 24 is not fully finished, there is much more work planned and some things that need to be adjusted.

I will admit I got off on the wrong foot 3 years ago. I should have just gone for removing the segments and left the highschool football team jock bully gang to play their online ego stroking racey contest.

2 Likes

I love my life Martin, you have no fucking clue, so you can keep the keyboard psychology.

Actually, we don’t promote rogue trail building whether on or off Strava. We do promote active living and competition and riding existing trail. If it exists, ride it, unless posted by the Title Owner/Leaseholder otherwise.

2 Likes

All the more reason to stay off Strava. I hate running so I only do it when I’m being chased; if you don’t like Strava just don’t have an account and stop using the platform. Imagine how much more time you’d have to do the things that make you happy.

8 Likes

I typically dont comment much on ECMTB but I must say if someone doesn’t like Strava, because they can’t win “silly crowns” and dont enjoy trying to become better to possibly win one, then maybe you should delete the app, keep your childish comments to yourself, instead of belittling the platform and all of us who thoroughly enjoy using it :thinking:
I truly enjoy Strava and trying to beat my own PRs, breaking into top 10s or maybe even winning a “silly crown” not to mention seeing my totals for Kms and total gain.
#LoveStrava has actually been one of my best training tools since I’ve come out of retirement and it helps keep things fresh and fun :muscle::facepunch:
Keep on pedaling people and make sure you’re having fun doing it because in the end, that’s the only reason any of us do it.

9 Likes

Cool, a whole bunch of your racey friends have been riding skull lately, which is posted otherwise by the title holder.

1 Like

I don’t like strava becasue it blows up trails that don’t need to be on the map and I have been pretty clear about that but somehow you think I’m jealous of people who are faster than me? wrong.

1 Like

@bent6543 your efforts to put the internet genie back in the bottle have brought more attention to your trail than strava alone ever would. You also advertise the trail on your instagram which brings further attention to it. Seems contradictory.

11 Likes

I hope you find the happiness you’re looking for because I know I will when I go chasing those crowns later today. I have never ridden line 24 or whatever you call it but I must say, you have now got me excited to see what it’s all about :raised_hands:

Cheers everyone

8 Likes