Trailflow Cutting New Trail

Yes the new single track is fairly smooth but i would still rate it as an intermediate. Later in the year we will have some more beginner friendly trails. Good call Brent about studying the map/strava before you go though because signs/maps will be installed once all the construction is complete and the site is complex enough that you can get a little spun around sometimes. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Brent is correct, the new stuff we’re building now is similar to the intermediate trails in Wolfville. Most of whats open now might be a tad hilly for new riders but once we get our material dropped for the beginner loop that will be a nice option for those just starting out. As things sit now to access the smoother segments we’ve built you need to go over some of the older double track and single track segments that are a fairly rough - but pretty fun!

Thanks for the positive vibes folks. I’m hoping we’ll have another good sized chunk of single track open in a few weeks - or less. The terrain is a bit harder building where we’re working now but I think we’re past the worst of it (lots of duff, matted roots, low areas to raise,etc… ) and are headed to an easier patch for the next few days of digging so progress will pick back up.

2 Likes

Look’s fun to ride, hope we can get some good speed! :sunglasses::smiling_imp::smiley:

Is the trail open today? It rained in Halifax last night but is pretty dried up now. Was thinking of checking this one out after lunch.

How much trail is there to do?

Thanks
Mark

I would skip today, too much rain, check trailforks for the trails or the trails section here. I’ve been doing a 5km loop there for years my best is around 15 minutes a lap but most do it around 20 min. The terrain is rolling so there aren’t many opportunities for sustained speed, keep in mind the trails are unmarked, and some trails lead to private property.

Think I’ll take a spin around about 4:15 today.

1 Like

First visit to the trail system yesterday. Really enjoyed it. Great work, Trailflow! First time using the Trailforks app in my phone and it did a great job keeping me from getting lost.

Favorite sections: Offchute and Deer Leg. They look short on the map, and time was running late, so I was going to skip them. Really glad I didn’t… So much fun!

Glad you enjoyed it and didn’t get lost… Offchute and Deer Leg are the ones that have changed the most with the new building. They were some of my favorite sections before and still are. Did you find the new section that connects Down the Middle to Hawthorne Alley? That one is a blast!

I did. And enjoyed it too. I was a little careful at the start, being way up on singletrack bench cut on steep slope - rode all of it - but once I’m used to it, I’m sure I’ll pick up the pace. Once at the bottom I sped up a bit and was having a blast. :slight_smile:

Since this trail is on my way to and from work, I’m sure it will become a regular haunt. I don’t know why I didn’t visit it sooner!

2 Likes

Let me know when you’re heading there, maybe @Adam and I could join you.

Hello folks, thought you could use an update.

Another single track segment just opened up that connects with the last one we opened and makes a great loop.

Next on the list is to haul all the gravel in for the beginner stone trail. We’ve got a short bit of that done now and the big haul starts early next week.

1 Like

@Pepperjester nice work in there. We rode some of the new stuff a couple weeks ago…really sweet. Will be back for sure.

rode the newest new stuff last night, good fun!

Is this the beginner stuff?

no, same level as the first set of new singletrack, gotta get names for these trails…they’ve started the gravel on the beginner trails but it’s going to take some time.

Cool.

Looks so flowy.

We rode it today. Much fun.

…except (not on the new trail) doing the technical climb out of Hawthorne Alley up to Rolldown, I heard a “Pinng!” From my freehub. I was riding a “fixie” for the rest of my ride. :frowning:

2 Likes

Bummer.

Flowy for sure. TrailFlow has done some good work. I guess it is rated intermediate but it is pretty similar difficulty to what you rode a couple weeks back like @bent6543 said. it’s pretty smooth so I don’t know how to rate it, my mad skillz hardly rate intermediate (unless we are talking about racing up a super long non-technical climb).

Of course the only time I crashed I was poaching the beginner trail, ha!

1 Like