What are your hobbies other than cycling?

That’s absolutely incredible!

I obsessively fish for Atlantic Salmon
2021-06-09_8-24-09

11 Likes

Honestly, MTB is probably the only hobby I have currently that gets me out of the house, aside from maintaining my house & property. I do get satisfaction out of the DIY aspect, improving on my fledgling carpentry skills along the way.

I also enjoy DIY PC building, PC gaming, and reading sci-fi, fantasy & thriller novels, with Stephen King being my all time favorite - I’m slowly compiling a King collection, 37 copies and growing.

I played paintball regularly up to ~5 years ago and haven’t played since, but I’m contemplating getting back into it.

2 Likes

They work their own engines to get things to max allowable HP /min allowable weight for each class. He’s built 3 race bikes for his son, a 15-year-old (who doesn’t even get his licence till next week), who has been showing amazing promise. He’s already had interest from some of the manufacturers. He started at the end of '19 season so his racing so far has been limited too.

The bikes and engines are generally 10-15 years old from when my brother-in-law was racing himself. It’s the stuff he bolts on is where the money goes, telemetry, traction control, GPS, venturi systems, tuned exhausts, liteweight batteries and tuned Ohlins suspension.

I was working with him for a few months and most of his time went into it. It’s his hobby as much as his son’s sport. Best comment was when he was putting stickers on the bottom of the engine fairing. I asked why there, no one will see it, “they’ll all see it at corner one”.

It’s just the same as a lot of kids hobbies, the fun for the parent is in putting the bike (or whatever) together and not so much on riding it.

2 Likes

If they race at shubie I most likely know them. I spend a lot of weekends out there help a buddy and taking pics of them racing @David_NZ

1 Like

He’s racing under Fraser Racing. John’s my wife’s nephew.

1 Like

Nice. R6? I just rebuilt this old TL1000R, was an ex-race bike, fun project. It rips.

![TLR|500x500])

3 Likes

Yes it’s a R6. I bet does rip and the sound of a twin sport bike is nice

I’m a book collector too, and a King fan. I think I have a few duplicates if you’re interested in trading or buying. Unfortunately I’m re-doing the flooring in my office so all of my books are boxed up at the moment, but I’m pretty sure I have a hardcover of Misery and a Book club edition hardcover of the Bachman Books. The copy of the Bachman books includes ‘Rage’ which has been out of print since about 99/2000 too. Might have a couple more, If you’re interested I’ll dig though to find the box I was putting together for a yard sale.

2 Likes

Also a big king fan. Heres my collection. Only a few left to read.

3 Likes

Impressive. What’s your favourite? Pet Cemetery and Salem’s Lot are my two.
Ever ready any Peter Straub, other than the Talisman and Black House? Everything he’s written is good but Ghost Story is a must read.

1 Like

Pet sematary was the first book by him i read and the one that got me hooked so it will always be one of my favorites too. The stand is probably my all time favorite also loved the shining and desperation. Skeleton crew is probably my favorite short story collection.

I haven’t read any other books from straub. I loved wolf from the talisman but i found black house was a chore to get through. I will definitely have to check out more from straub. Thanks for the recommendation.

Not a reader myself, but my girlfriend is a King fan as well. Huge collection, including a signed first edition of Under the Dome. I’d be interested to hear any ya’ll would let go, to see if perhaps its one she doesn’t have!

1 Like

Aw man i just got rid if most of my doubles :weary:

I use to be into comics guess I just grew out of collecting. I was big into top cow productions titles, spawn, the goon, wolverine etc

Now I just follow the mcu films and try to with the DC stuff

@EMat I’d certainly be interested in seeing what you’d be willing to sell. No rush though.

Some of my favorites are Bag of Bones, The Green Mile, and the Dark Tower series, although it’s tough to pick favorites because so many are great reads. It’s almost easier to name the ones I definitively don’t like, such as Christine. 11/22/63 was alright but was slow going.

1 Like

Damn! Chances are she would of had them…but damn haha

2 Likes

play tactical flashlight