2016/17 Winter Trail Conditions

Stomped Red Line side with @coaster2 and Neil. It is looking pretty good (once it freezes):

It would be nice if someone could stomp Rose Bowl to Scout bridge to connect before it freezes.

4 Likes

Thoughts on trails at Wrandees being suitable for skinny tires? Was thinking to take @nwmenz for a tour, but he hasnā€™t committed to a fat bike (yet). :stuck_out_tongue:

Wrandees was super soft and will probably take a couple of days of cold temps to harden up. I know there will be another snowshoe session in there today so Iā€™ll try to get an update on conditions.

3 Likes

Yeah, I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Wrandees is going to be soft until at least tonight.

Iā€™m hearing the pipeline loop has been pretty boot bombed as well.

It could use a stomping. Iā€™m out for today myself but if someone wanted to borrow my shoes let me know.

1 Like

The most popular spots of Shubie are good to go, may spots are slushy right now, so they will be getting icy as the temps cool down.

The other singletracks that got snowshoed are firming up. Might be okay tonight for fat bikes. I checked most of them and unfortunately it looks like many but possibly not all of them got boot bombed yesterday or this morning. Itā€™s getting quite busy in there so I expect the bombing campaign to continue.

1 Like

For anyone thatā€™s interested. Victoria Park is in really good condition in most places but would require a fat bike for sure.

On a side note. They are getting a dedicated single track groomer for fat biking!

5 Likes

Rode Wrandees today, was firm when I started but getting soft by noon. Pipeline has had significant boot traffic , luge has had some, but not bad. Someone had been through on a non-fatbike but I wouldnā€™t recommend it unless youā€™re in there super early before it warms up.

3 Likes

Yeah that was me, while it was still colder earlier this morning but it wasnā€™t enough. Sorry for the couple of ruts I added. Hopefully it smooths out this week.

3 Likes

I plan to take the fat bike in tomorrow and go exploring, and hopefully pack it down some more. With the cold temps, it should freeze up nicely.

I could tell youā€™d been through when it was frozen, no harm done!
There was another rider in there while I was in there, he was having some traction issues and on skinnies.

1 Like

What time are you going? Might be able to join you.

I have the whole day (and week) off work, so Iā€™m pretty flexible with timing. The more the merrier! What time works for you?

The post hole zombie horde has allied with the boot bombing brigade and the bad dog owners club to form an apocalyptic army of trail destruction which as descended on Shubie laying waste and leaving waste on every trail. Beware.

5 Likes

Post-hole apocalyptic.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll just delete my account nowā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m going to head there for 10, if you or anyone else can make it, Exhibition park entrance. Was trying to make the group ride tonight work, but canā€™t.

1 Like

Having just woken up (yay vacation), I donā€™t think Iā€™ll make it for ten. But, may catch up to you while youā€™re up there. Have a great ride!

2 Likes

I heard that the NW Arm side of Wrandees has knee deep boot bomb holes in itā€¦GRRRRRRR!

This post will be complete once we have a mic for @bent6543 to drop

3 Likes

By ā€œin thereā€, I mean Wrandees. :slight_smile: