2016 Challenge

New guy here.

Just added my goal - figured it’s a good way to stay motivated.

Looking fwd to hopefully checking out a few group rides whenever life allows.

Nice to meet yas!

LMR29r

2 Likes

Hey buds! This Thursday is the 1/2 year mark, check your Stravas and come face to face with the cold, hard truth. I hope ya’ll are on track for your goals. If not, consider this your butt kicking! :laughing:

P.S. Just in case you peep my Strava – my numbers got inflated by about 5% due to some weird Strava bug :wink: I recommend Strava Annual Summary – http://www.jonathanokeeffe.com/strava/annualSummary.php – or Stravistix Chrome plugin to ensure accuracy.

1 Like

I’ve been keeping an eye on my distance and although I’m not on schedule to meet my goal, I’ve ridden more in June than any other month last year. So, there may still be hope if I can keep this up.

3 Likes

522/1000 I should be good with more opportunities to Mountain Commute home.

3 Likes

It’s been kind of a messed up year for me but I’m managing at least one ride a week. Starting in July I should be able to reach my two or more rides a week goal.

3 Likes

579/1200 with the best riding months still to come.

3 Likes

good job everyone! looks like we’re all on track this year.

i’m 5868/8000! got a good jump on it, hopefully i can keep it up.

3 Likes

Looking like it will be hard to meet my goal. I’m only at 2,631 kms, and I’m going to Europe for three weeks in July. I will try to amp up the long road rides through the rest of the summer and fall though–this just makes me want to push it more!

3 Likes

My goal is 300 rides. So far this year I have in 129

3 Likes

I’m well behind my goal for the year, as I’ve been a bit ‘distracted’ from riding this year. Hoping to get out more with the odd additional evening or weekend ride when time allows. There’s still hope I can make my goal.

1 Like

@adam inflated or not, you’re numbers are damn impressive ~8000/10000.

This one ride alone was longer than my year to date. You da man!

2 Likes

Thanks, @Rolls. I decided to take on a different challenge from racing this year so I joined the ranks of Rando nerds. :grin:

1 Like

3064/6500…Close. I thought I had set a 7500 goal, so yay me!
Probably on track for 6500 if life doesn’t get in the way any more than it is now.

3 Likes

Check in time…

I’ve been doing well this last little bit considering. I’m on track for definitely exceeding last year in all categories, providing all things stay the same until the end of the year. I should be able to get 2000 km this year. It’s going to be a push, but heck, it is called a challenge for a reason!

Not even close. Taking three weeks off for vacation/injury in July hasn’t helped. Oh well. Heading out for a long road ride today–that should add a bit. :slight_smile:

Definitely on track since I’m not counting kms. getting in a couple of decent rides a week plus commuting. Riding some trails I’ve been wanting to ride for a few years and having a good time.

4768km for the year. All road.

My flatbar has been hanging up in the basement all year. Looks like I might have a buyer for it, which will help fund a real, gen-u-wine MTB for next year.

Based on previous years, I’ll probably end up somewhere around 6500km which was my target.

I have been trying to ride 300 times this year. I am at 185 counting tonight

Yup. I’m thinking of revising from 10000km to 10000mi. Won’t be too disappointed if I don’t make it but I am on track.

1 Like

good work everyone!

i’m so close to my goal i can taste it! mechanicals and injury have slowed my progress, but i’m almost there! i may even bump my goal up another 2000km for an even 10000km. i’m going to stick to 100000m climbed, though…

2 Likes