2021 Trail Conditions

If anyone is travelling to trail heads it would be wise to keep this link handy.

3 Likes

Has any one been to Macintosh today… how wet is it

What I saw was great, couple minor soft spots but just roll through.
I did not see Clark but my guess is it is fine.

Kaarin and Kim were out today posting signs, and they opened up a couple of drains on Wrinkle and Time Out.

5 Likes

Found Clark Kent dried up well today, find it actually seems to dry up and stay more solid than a lot of the trails that have natural soil. Find Flat Lake has been one of the wetter areas lately, avoided it and the Norwarren end today but found most of the wet spots around Spar, Divide, Schnitzel and even where the water runs across the Attic near Schnitzel were dried up today.

5 Likes

Fitzpatrick is so mint right now you’d swear it was July. Hopefully the travel ban gets lifted soon.

6 Likes

:+1::+1: Hope to be able to get out there when we are allow to leave HRM…

5 Likes
10 Likes

Rode Nine Mile last night- great conditions- mostly super dry except for the usual perpetual muddy spots. Nice to finally be able to visit this beautiful trail!

1 Like

Anyone scope out MR lately? Wondering if it might be okay tomorrow morning, or if I should wait a few more days.

Go for it. Everything is good today. Even late yesterday…

There are the usual “recent rain” soft spots on Flat Lake in particular, some on West Pine, but nothing to hold you back or cause trail damage.

4 Likes

Awesome, I’m going to try to hit it early before the rush!

1 Like

How’s the Gorge looking these days?

I was there last summer and it was in pretty rough shape. Im curious as to if it got a bit of maintenance since then.

Everyone has been riding at bird sanctuary or p2. The gorge is rideable but it’s got some washed out sections towards the bottom.

how’s the trail gap? wanted to ride it last year but the landing was in pretty bad shape. I might take a trip up there this year and fix it up just enough to ride away smoothly.

2 Likes

Anyone going to be heading to MRWA late this afternoon that can report on the trail? Really want to ride through the new sections again, but worry about it being too soft with the rain this morning, not sure how much water is actually down.

I was at the Gorge yesterday and I thought it was pretty good. The lower section of “The Stadium” is washed away so the trail basically ends at the parking lot but there is now a bridge across the washed out section of Purple Hayes so you don’t have to scramble across the stream. Ninja Kitten and Flying Squirrel were also good.

3 Likes

Mac Run is dry as a bone. Even the lake has dropped to where it’s not spilling anymore. Lots of rain in the forecast. Hopefully we get it.

1 Like

Even the evening after the rain last week, when I got there maybe, 3 hours after the heavy downpour it was pretty much dry.

1 Like

Yeah, same. It’s been draining well.

2 Likes