Current Trail Conditions

Rode flip side this morning, it’s pretty good for about half, then it gets boot bombed where the trail is exposed to the sun. It is ridable, I rode to the end and back on ‘skinnies’ but it was tough and I did have to walk up a few hills.

2 Likes

We rode it last night on fatties and it was pretty solid, but not crazy firm, but some fat bikes with too much pressure were making deep ruts on McCready, so I’m thinking skinnies may be difficult.

1 Like

I was there Friday morning on a Fat Bike. Still places where it is soft and hasn’t firmed up. Someone had rode a skinny but was leaving some ruts.

1 Like

Agreed. Rode it Fri afternoon and it was softer than expected considering the amount of traffic on it. Def a lower moisture content in that snow than Hfx area. Def wouldnt be ready for skinnies.
Needs Sundays rain to beat it down a bit and then it’d be good (but icy) when it freezes up again.

1 Like

I was chatting with someone who had been in to Spider Lake. He said it looked like only walkers had been in so the track is quite narrow with high snow on either side, constantly catching your pedals.

Topsail Lake aka The Farm is running quite well. The track is a bit on the narrow side and will certainly test your skills trying to stay on course. If you do hit the side of the track it’ll grab you quickly. You’ll likely be doing a snow angel if you have any sort of speed.

4 Likes

We appreciate the feedback. Working on a better grooming solution currently.

2 Likes

Irishmans is getting close for fat bikes. Still need some snowshoes to go over a few more trails before we can groom them, but theres a few loops firm enough to ride now.

There is a snowshoe hike on Sunday, after that and a re groom Monday we should be in great shape.

3 Likes

Is there somewhere that posts Irishmans’s updates, I cant seem to find that

1 Like

I post here when I groom and also there is a Facebook page.

Any updates on bowater or uniacke estates? Am thinking for Monday.

There had been some snowboarding at Bowater, but nothing is rideable, even on a fat bike, at this point.

1 Like

Did a groom at Irishmans this morning. The new snow is pretty soft and fluffy. Was able to groom an about 2/3 of the park. Might need a day to firm up in a few spots for biking but the main trails should be good to go.

I’ll do a touch up Friday so its in great shape for the weekend.

9 Likes

Parts of NoraWarren seem OK for fat bike love. Easier to go downhill, tough to go up hill.

1 Like

Irishmans was awesome, thanks so much for grooming

7 Likes

Thanks.

I’m taking the bike tomorrow!

2 Likes

For those that don’t know, Sandy lake in Bedford is quite good. Its gets a ton of foot traffic (dog walkers) and gets best down fairly fast.
The main loops are good, maybe not the best on a real skinny tire, but a 2.6 and up would be ok if you can keep your speed up on narrow trails.

9 Likes

Shubie is pretty great right now for skinnies. Singletrack out at the end towards the mall is a mess, but everything in and around the dog park and canal area is minty. And the canal is frozen so that’s rideable too.

8 Likes

Snowshoed in Bowater this afternoon. Was surprised I was the first tracks where I was. Very little traffic, lots of snow. Very narrow roads and very little places to pull off and park.

1 Like

The Railyard is excellent right now!! Fantastic job with the grooming.

3 Likes

There are some nicely packed trails around Daminion. Not sure how far in they went.