Current Trail Conditions

I was just in spider. The ice is pretty much slush now. Had no problem on a fatty studless. Is getting soft already in spots on humps and inner peace

1 Like

Went Railyard first thing this morning. Arrived before 8 and rode till 10. Studs are must and there are some pretty icy spots in amongst the trees. I rode Lower flow (icy), Pandemonium (icy and dirt) Cooked, McCabe, TreeSum, McrCeady, Upper Staircase. Where there is lots of snow - it’s great! In the sun, the snow was turning to slush. Here is a small clip of McCabe…

A little Bit of McCabe

2 Likes

If you’re looking for some killer fat biking during March Break be advised that northern NB still has a LOT of snow. As in ‘measured in feet’ levels of snow and they’re supposed to get an additional 16” tnite.
I rode in Grand Falls NB Thurs afternoon and their conditions and grooming are top notch.
The snow line runs across the prov from PerthAndover to Rogersville. Not much snow below the line but tons above it.

11 Likes

Railyard today was mostly bulletproof snow, with some hero dirt, ice and frozen mud mixed in for good measure. Studs a must. Cooked was like riding an awesome 2 foot wide roller coaster, however there were two downed trees on the trail. All of the fun features on Trash Talking were clear.

4 Likes

Nine Mile was pretty good ice riding yesterday (Monday).

The ice looks slick, but the 29" ice spikers hooked up really well. Temperatures going up today (Tuesday). Maybe Wednesday or Thursday morning conditions may be good. After that, rain and more rain.

2 Likes

I’m sure there’ll be lots of folks riding McRun tmmrw. If anyone is planning to hit Secret Singletrack and has a decent foldable trailsaw there’s 3 decent sized trees down across the trail at various pts.

2 Likes

There’s also a dead tree hanging over the climb of mortals around the halfway point. Can easily get under it but it will eventually sag/fall. @Lawrence

Anyone know what Empire trails are looking like?

How are things in the city looking? We’re still melting in the valley. If I went to MRWA can I ride guilt free and rut free?

3 Likes

Im headijg to mrwa shortly mainly gonna stay on the granite and check clark kent. Ill carry my saw though just incase theres anything along there

1 Like

Lots of traffic out there yesterday. Just be mindful of the dirt features that could still be very soft.

3 Likes

Divide , spartan, conqueror, osprey and clark kent were all fine… there was a couple spots that had sitting water. The soft spots are easily avoided

6 Likes

Took a hike around Flat Lake, fixed all the broken rungs on the bridges. Opened up a few water holes.

24 Likes

If any one was wondering there is still snow in the woods in The Valley. We’re melted out in some areas but only in the last few days, it’s pretty saturated still. Two weeks maybe?

2 Likes

Mac Run

Shitty! Literally, the entrance and exit of Osprey trail head has dog shit everywhere.

Be aware and on the way down it’s all mixed into the gravel. Like feet from the side walk. Yay!

:face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

1 Like

what is wrong with people

1 Like

That stinks…

Of course you would find the dog poo…

2 Likes

@Jetter I didn’t hit it this time. I managed to come away unscathed. However I wish I could feel for whoever hit it, they cause half the mess trying to get it off. Lol

2 Likes

Trails for “everyone”