ECMTB Epic Road Trip Contest - 2021

Yes it is, by the shoppers. It usually always on my lists of places to stop and eat when I get back on the island.

3 Likes

Brookvale and Bonshaw, what a great trip. It was awesome running into the ECMTB crew on the island. The stoke level is super high on PEI and there’s a great sense of MTB community. Big thanks to Cynthia at Bits Bikes Brews for the pre-ride espresso and apres brews.
The Hollywood from Lone Oak Brewing is definitely worth trying if you like west coast IPA.

#ecmtb_roadtrip

7 Likes

Echoing what @TamBan said about Blue Spruces and Water Street Fish & Chips, plus a shout out to MacQueens Bike Shop for their support and supply of a few things forgotten at home. PEI systems done and dusted!

Stunting with Marlowe at Robinson’s Island trails.

Visiting MacQueens Bike Shop

Dirt Jumpers at Cardigan Trails

Terrible selfie with Cardigan Trails Map

Jumping on Fox Run at Bonshaw Hills PP.

Clearing the rock garden gap on Surf N Turf at the ever amazing Brookvale trails.
https://www.instagram.com/p/CQ1ysWXJrqD/?utm_medium=copy_link

8 Likes

Ride

3 Likes

Trail Work Day

13 Likes

I’m in.
McIntosh Run #ecmtb_roadtrip
Plus some post ride brews from Serpent Brewing. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Joanna, you are the first to claim a builder bonus! ( no suprise, :slight_smile: )

Note, I scored you for 9MR once already. You will need to go farther afield for more points.

1 Like

Sunday Snapshot

Contestant Score
rolls 17
IanMHFX 12
TamBan 11
jeffv 10
nickw 7
supercraig 6
alena.drinks.tea 6
Joanna 6
Lawrence 6
jetter 5
Drgonzo 5
CheekE 5
nige 4
EMat 4
goose 3
ksue 3
Durt 3
Mobettah 3
landandwater 3
chrisml 3
Nicole 2
Kristin 2
camurray 2
Chiz 2
Northshoreshredder 2
Lukas_Poole 1
coaster2 0
thinkontheclock 0
gokatgo 0
smithers 0
Marine 0
JBrownlie 0
KatherineOrlik 0
Thunderstrike 0
DEBO 0

Note, @rolls, @jetter and jeffv are playing but will not count towards any prize since we are organizing it. So we are just in it for the fun.

5 Likes

Also the list of participants is not closed. Anyone new can join in anytime with their roadtrip posts.

3 Likes

Um, Superkat, did you just go to the island to drink beer? Where are all of your points??

2 Likes

Mcrun on monday! Forgot to post

4 Likes

Keppoch

5 Likes

#ecmtb_roadtrip
Yeah Keppoch! After two nights of pouring rain, I wasn’t sure if trails would be alright, but, after the blessing from the godfather himself, I went for it. They’re in great shape! Drain/dry really well!
Also Shout out to The Snow Queen on the old hwy 4, the absolute best place to take the kids post ride for ice cream /mini-golf/Go Karts

The pic doesn’t do it justice, but I was too busy doing the aforementioned to take more.

4 Likes

Bonus Prize Alert!!!

Huck Yeah!!

One of these Huck Norris Inserts, will go to the first person and second person to get both gravity parks on the board:

# Province Trail System Pts
1 NB Sugar Loaf Bike Park 3
10 NS Keppoch Mountain 3

We have one small (21-28mm internal rim width) and one large (35-45mm internal rim width). Both are 27.5 and 29 capable:

The choice of large or small will go to the first person to post both gravity parks gets to select the size and the second person to complete both will get the other insert.

Special thanks to our anonymous donor!

#ecmtb_roadtrip

9 Likes

#ecmtb_roadtrip Robinson Island

7 Likes

#ecmtb_roadtrip Brookvale
Shout out to Cynthia of Bits Bikes Brews Snack Bar for keeping us hydrated apres ride

8 Likes

#ecmtb_roadtrip Cardigan

8 Likes

I would like to be added to the contestant list please :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Kristin Ha yup, beer groupie. Uploaded rides last evening :grin:

Hey @JeffV, will there be an amendment to the contest for those who choose not to get the jungle juice? :syringe: Due to travel restrictions? Quarantine bullshit is still in effect. No problem leaving but Q when you get back. Asking for a friend?