Trail conditions

The NW-Arm side of Wrandees has been snowshoed but is probably still not packed enough for riding. Pipeline has been snowshoed also and appears to have had several trees removed. Let’s hope the snow/rain actually helps. There was a crew snowshoeing at Spider on Sunday too.

Thanks coaster2

Has anyone been riding today? With the lower temps, the trails must be prettty darn good!

Shubie Park was excellent tonight. (Friday Feb 15th).

Very little ice, mostly hard snow. No need for studs.

If the conditions go the way I think they may I will be trying my luck on Panuke Lake Tuesday morning.
Studs will be necessary.
Interested parties are welcome to join me.

Anyone been in Spider or other HRM trails today? Studs or no studs?

Tried everything at Wrandees today. Had great success from the parking lot side. Pipeline is a little icy with a couple of damp spots, but it was good fun. Several trees have been removed from the trail. The NW Arm side needs more traffic. There’s too much drifting along Red Trail to get very far.

Had to go to Windsor for groceries this afternoon and took along the mtb.
Since it was on my way home I stopped by Panuke lake and had a look. Though it is partially snow covered it is passable. I had thought that wit all the rain and warm temps it would not be, but the ATV’s on it changed my mind.
I only had time for a 45 min rip but will make time for more later.

Shubie Park was great this evening (Tuesday Feb 19th). The trails were a mixture of gravel, snow, icy in places. Studs are not required, but could be useful if you happen to have them on your bike.

Back at Wrandees last night. Pipeline was still great, though a little icier. Even ran it backwards. The steep climb accross the creek from the parking lot and the loop back around was all good, also in both directions.

Any new info…heading out tomorrow Saturday feb 23rd.

Made another long run at Wrandees this afternoon. Rode in from the parking lot and the trail is well packed but quite icy. The run from the sluice gate to the Boy Scout Bridge is not well traveled and requires some walking. The loop on the NW Arm side is actually quite good with some icy spots. Red Trail was too drifted in to be any fun so we turned around. It just needs some traffic to work it in since it still has a great base.

Wrandees: NW Arm side; Red Trail is good…actually great. Bay Road parking lot; Very icy. Studs required.

halifax.ca/real_property/ice/index.asp

Heard that Spider main trail, and ribbon are prime. Skull is good. No word on Rep loop or other trails though. Am heading there tonight to verify!

going to beat mike to the punch and give a spider report. the main road has lots of ice on it. while the ribbon and the skull trail are both mostly snow covered there is still ice in spots. rode today without studs but there was enough ice to make it tricky at times. the trails are beatened down and fast if somewhat narrow at times but fun and flowly as hell. skull is good out to the bridge but little traffic from there. the rep loop is ridable but not as heavly travelled as the others. thats about it no other trails are ridable right now.

What are the trail like this weekend? I suspect they will be soft and poopy, unless you ride shubie, but post up if you get out. I hope to sneak out somewhere but it will be a last minute thing.

It is only going down to zero tonight but the snow might be hard enough at Spider Lake early tomorrow morning. If interested could meet you there and if it is too soft we could go across to Shubie.

road spider lake this morning and it was ok but just, you could feel the thaw coming out of the the snow and it was getting soft. would expect that things are only going to get worse with the high temps and rainfall. just not going to be cold enough tonight to firm things up. i would look for a high traffic area / four wheeler trail that is really beatened down and more ice then snow.

Rode Wrandees today but the NW Arm side is just too soft on top. Mostly walking or crashing. Riding from the parking lot at the St. Marg. Bay Rd. side was actually not too bad. Very well packed so not too soft. Rode Pipeline and the other loop along the lake edge and then up and down the steep hill across from the parking lot. I might try it again in the early morning hoping it will harden up a little overnight. Studs required!